78 L48 Engine 350 4 bolt V8

enkeivette

I have a complete, running 350 out of my 78. I have the carb and the HEI dist and the fuel pump and manifolds and even the smog pump for it. How much is it worth? 90K miles on it. And who wants to buy it?

I was saving it to put in a jet boat. Well I bought a jet boat and it already has a motor. So now I want to sell it so I can afford a new fuel system for my blown mill.

Last edited:
California car? Shouldn't be a smog pump on an L-48. That was on the L-82. Either way if it is an L-48 it sounds like a $500.00 motor to me. Had an L-48 in my 78. Turd motor but got the car wherever I needed to go.

Rich:beer:

California car? Shouldn't be a smog pump on an L-48. That was on the L-82. Either way if it is an L-48 it sounds like a $500.00 motor to me. Had an L-48 in my 78. Turd motor but got the car wherever I needed to go.

My '72 L48 wasn't much with the Qj on it, but when I added the TPI, it increased the driving pleasure a LOT....added 80-100 hp to the thing.....

:drink:

My '72 L48 wasn't much with the Qj on it, but when I added the TPI, it increased the driving pleasure a LOT....added 80-100 hp to the thing.....

My L-48 ran great with the Q-Jet. I run TPI on my 63 so I am familiar with the added pleasure of the fuel injection. I don't know what the compression ratio was on the 72 but it was down below 9.0 to 1 in 78.

My L-48 ran great with the Q-Jet. I run TPI on my 63 so I am familiar with the added pleasure of the fuel injection. I don't know what the compression ratio was on the 72 but it was down below 9.0 to 1 in 78.

P/O had rebuilt it, so not sure about c/r but it was the OEM block/heads that did not look like porting....I kept the stock rams horns, with the O2 in the old heat riser/flapper housing...the TPI I used had no crossover...

so I guess it was 9.0 on the comp....

:beer:

CA car :bump: