Chassis dolly/cart ideas

rtj

I picked up a couple of HF engine stands for 85$ with coupons, but am interested in what others migh have done.

This will be for grinding/wire brushing, storage, and touch up Welding. When I do the cage I'll probably build some kind of steel chassis table.

Right now I'm thinking 2 stands face to face with a solid connection and rubber wheel castors. And, mount at the front bumper support and rear cross member where the pinion mount is located. I want to be able to rotate the +/- 90 degrees for compact storage.

Did something similar - haven't "tied" them together -- yet.

1269549f018c3ed4b.jpg

I used the HF rolling Freight/moving stands for the quickie bases.

12695496f8c222f84.jpg

I envy anyone that has a chassis table or room for one!

Cheers - Jim

Last edited:
Thanks. Good idea with the moving dollies.

My chassis table will probably be a couple of I-beams welded together with cross members after leveling them.

DSC_0103_1.jpg

Right around $200. Just something to roll it around on while I get it cleaned up. Mostly next winters project.

MUCH better Wheels!
Will you have clearance with the tube on top - or just dry fitting before making a "slider"? Wish I built one a few years back. Now I want - maybe you too - an overhead hoist.

Cheers - Jim

MUCH better Wheels!
Will you have clearance with the tube on top - or just dry fitting before making a "slider"? Wish I built one a few years back. Now I want - maybe you too - an overhead hoist.

Cheers - Jim

I am using an engine hoist to lift it up. That's a mock up, but it won't look much different when done.

It ended up way better than expected. Tilts 80 degrees each side and rolls very easy. The 4 ft wide angle for the casters makes it more stable than it would have been with just the engine stand width.

image_8.jpg

Add an engine, some tires, and a steering wheel, and go drag racing......:devil::D

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=35VPGz2Ge00[/ame]

Next phase, chassis table. This is one of the better ones I've seen.