New ZR-1

Is that the Birdster in the pic? What was the "gathering" for Doug? I envy you boys all being able to get together - hehe, when mine's running, I'll be having solo runs/meets etc...

You can usually tell from the flip-flops (hidden in picture):harhar:

Is that the Birdster in the pic? What was the "gathering" for Doug? I envy you boys all being able to get together - hehe, when mine's running, I'll be having solo runs/meets etc...

Just load it up on a ship and float it over here Wayne,just make sure to bring the wife with you :toothbrush:
But you know a vette cruise through the Outback would be very interesting and fun :drink:

Yea, that's Bird with his arm crossed. According to the "Body Language" book that means................:lol:[/QUOTE]

Nah, he just giving the werd....

:devil:

Just load it up on a ship and float it over here Wayne,just make sure to bring the wife with you :toothbrush:
But you know a vette cruise through the Outback would be very interesting and fun :drink:

Wayne in the OT section I"m starting another thread....about down under....

What means "squat" is the fact that GM put a hell of a lot more time, preparation and laps on the course than Chrysler did and still got owned.

P.S. That ZR1 won't be eating my Viper, since mine is scheduled to go for twin turbos in 2 weeks. It's funny how 640hp doesn't seem like a whole lot compared to 1500 hp. :lol:

:devil: That's just your wife's bank account talking. Some of us do have a little luck at one point in life.

What means "squat" is the fact that GM put a hell of a lot more time, preparation and laps on the course than Chrysler did and still got owned.

P.S. That ZR1 won't be eating my Viper, since mine is scheduled to go for twin turbos in 2 weeks. It's funny how 640hp doesn't seem like a whole lot compared to 1500 hp. :lol:

:devil: That's just your wife's bank account talking. Some of us do have a little luck at one point in life.

....... :rofl:

Me want those wheels :bounce::bounce:

Me want to strap on a helmet so I can take that car out and run the shit out of it....of course Me want to find Halle Berry naked in my bed too but I`m not betting on that happening either...poor me.

next time I need new tires I'll get these rims, they just came out with this ZR1 design in stock C6 sizes... :yahoo::yahoo:

next time I need new tires I'll get these rims, they just came out with this ZR1 design in stock C6 sizes... :yahoo::yahoo:

who am i to critique the look of a $100,000+ car. But i think those wheels look a little ricey. I wonder what a dished wheel would look like on a new car.

Maybe someone will break the mold.

Also, is that a ground effects package on the car? Is that stock? Yes it is......OH MY!

Last edited:
Dished would be really nice, there are several on the market.... IF.... you want to spend $3000+

I did a quick photoshopp of the ZR1 wheels:

214989f1f205906.jpg

Don't like them, doesn't look right without the flares and all, and even then I don't really like them.

I like this much better (this was in a dealership in the Las Vegas area)

2498a0a03c064f.jpg

The ones that I really like are deep dish 5-spokes, forged and polished.... $3000+...... plus tires..... probably $5000 for the set..... I'd rather buy another C3 for that much money....

The C6 is my daily driver.... need to keep rims/tires somewhat reasonably priced.... wear is an issue.... the two rear 285-35-19 tires are almost $500 and seem to last only 8000 miles..... :rolleyes:

The ones that I really like are deep dish 5-spokes, forged and polished.... $3000+...... plus tires..... probably $5000 for the set..... I'd rather buy another C3 for that much money....

The C6 is my daily driver.... need to keep rims/tires somewhat reasonably priced.... wear is an issue.... the two rear 285-35-19 tires are almost $500 and seem to last only 8000 miles..... :rolleyes:

EXactly why I stay with my 17" rims....~100 each for tires....

2498a0a03c064f.jpg[/QUOTE]

Love the blue one in the background! (Sorry, just got a thing about Corvettes in blue.)

Regarding an earlier comment, can you even put a deep dish rim on a late Corvette (without flares)? The suspension trackwidth is so wide to get all the "desired" characteristics that a deep wheel would hang out the sides of the wheelwell.

Love the blue one in the background! (Sorry, just got a thing about Corvettes in blue.)

Regarding an earlier comment, can you even put a deep dish rim on a late Corvette (without flares)? The suspension trackwidth is so wide to get all the "desired" characteristics that a deep wheel would hang out the sides of the wheelwell.[/QUOTE]

NOT only that but changing the wheel centerline is TO ME a cardinal sin....all these cars depend on hubs with little to no purchase between inner and outer bearings....less separation than the front hub....and even THAT makes me nervous, much less seeing kids to it on SO many cars and even a vette some years ago...wheels all looking like the suspension was dicked up BAD....

:gurney::shocking: