Why would a polo green car have a white trunk floor?

JeffP1167

Would an insurance company actually fix it if it were damaged this much? The car is definitely originally polo green since it has that paint code on the console lid and it also has a VIN number that matches the car.

I've seen several parted out shells and they all have body colored floors. This white color I don't believe is paint more resembles gel-coat actually. Doesn't look like any paint has been sanded or stripped off it.

It does have bondo like material on both sides by the targa top storage things, What do you guys think? was it in one hell of a good crash or could it have just lefy the factory like this?

interiorprep3.jpg

interiorprep2.jpg

In this picture I fiberglassed the large square because of 4 holes that were drilled in the deck. But you will also a smaller patch of glass which I didn't do (the circle area) & notice the yellow primer someone used This color primer is only on the cback of the car and the 1/4 panels.

deckholesfilled2.jpg

Anyone have carfax they can run my VIN?

Last edited:
In a rear ender the tub gets damaged pretty easily and the tub was available as a repair part straight from GM, a guy in the UK has some new ones he has for sale every now and then. Check the rear tank subframe for signs of it being replace d and possible frame damage