$2500 1977 Rebuild thread!

Out of what car did you pull that fan ??? F-body ?? Just curious because I was looking into the Mark VIII fans (single fan).

It was out of a 99 Grand Prix. I did some measuring and looks like it should fit. I was able to buy it for $30 bucks so not a real big loss if it does not fit for some reason.

Looking great, Phil! (Just out of curiosity, who's the friend that owns the salvage yard?)

Aaron Phillips owns A-1 Auto up on Gano on the north end of town. I went to school with him so he treats me pretty good. Being able to just walk the yard on my own when I am looking for something is helps a ton.

Looking great, Phil! (Just out of curiosity, who's the friend that owns the salvage yard?)

Aaron Phillips owns A-1 Auto up on Gano on the north end of town. I went to school with him so he treats me pretty good. Being able to just walk the yard on my own when I am looking for something is helps a ton.

Phil,

I'm moving the last garage stuff to Kansas City (Mo) this weekend. It ain't the closest place to Kokomo, but it's at least about 500 miles closer. I'm hoping to get over there several times this summer. I'll be away from a computer for a few days while I'm packing and traveling, but if you'd like to PM me your phone number I'll give you a call when I get to Kokomo.

take care,
Mike

We found a 74 that was being parted out on CL up North so we drove about an hour and was able to buy a load of parts that we really needed. Here is a list of what we bought for $200

Rear window glass (perfect shape)
Rear window trim (cracked needed repaired)
T-top liners (really good shape)
both front side marker lights (good shape)
both front grills and light housings (great shape)
rear cargo frame and doors (not in real good shape)
Chrome corner pieces above windshield that t-tops latch to (perfect)

He is also going to cut the drivers floor board out of the car and let us have it for $50 bucks. This will fix the hole that I have (rock hit floor) and save me from buying a $275 floor pan.

Weather was nice today so we worked on some parts.

First I cleaned the grills and lights we picked up.
Before
_IGP7614.jpg
After
_IGP7619.jpg

Next I took the old cargo doors that was left in the car and the ones that we picked up and tried to take the 2 and make one.
What I started with
_IGP7607.jpg
Had to patch in a piece.
_IGP7621.jpg
Here is what it looks like now. I still need to complete the other 2 doors and find some decent door frames.
_IGP7622.jpg
_IGP7625.jpg

I also cleaned up one of the dash panels and it came out really decent.
before
_IGP7570.jpg
After
_IGP7595.jpg

Also completed some other interior trim
_IGP7562.jpg

This is looking great, makes me want to re-do my interior as well LOL

Keep us posted on that GrandPrix fan mod.... :thumbs: