Photoshop Request

enkeivette

I'm curious what a metallic dark charcoal gray stripe would look like over black. A really dark charcoal gray, going over black it tends to make dark gray look light gray. And if you have the time, do the stripe in dark blue too.

This is Big Gs car, I'd post mine but it's not a solid color. And Gs car is already black with a stripe, so that should make it easier I would think. Feel free to use a different C3 though. Mine has the 73/74 nose for reference.

And whoever does it will be my hero! :D

PDRM0629.jpg

Thanks Karsten, you saved the day! :friends: Thanks for taking the headlights out, that does help. Do you think you could do one in dark blue? I'm still considering that.

TT, a matte stripe over gloss black? Or matte over matte? I have thought about doing the car in flat black, or flat charcoal... but I'm worried that's it's just a trend that I would regret in a year.

Last edited:
Here's the front, it's not stock, they elongated the nose and made it more pointy. Don't like the ghetto sidemarkers either.

248e537542b01e.jpg

Damn, the front end wasn't long enough for them already? I've even thought about making it shorter.

I think Metallic Black with a Solid Black Stripe would look pretty good as well.

I really like that Flat Black Vette .......... gives me ideas ;)

Do you think you could do one in dark blue? I'm still considering that.

Nah.... black looks better.....

OK.... honestly? .... I was going to add a dark charcoal stripe on my blue '79, maybe next year or so once all the other stuff is done....

2148e57aeb0bcfe.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think you could do one in dark blue? I'm still considering that.

Nah.... black looks better.....

OK.... honestly? .... I was going to add a dark charcoal stripe on my blue '79, maybe next year or so once all the other stuff is done....

2148e57aeb0bcfe.jpg

That looks cool, I've thought about doing black over blue too. I can't bring myself to paint the vette the same color after all this work though. I think I'm going to do it, dark charcoal metallic over gloss black. Had some fun today with spray cans.

29zv8nm.jpg
2mo6yyh.jpg

It's an 82 but I haven't been able to find the model with a 75-79 hood and gills, 73/74 front end, and 82 rear bumper. :phone:

I like that too.

maybe design a new kind of stripe? not something everyone already has?

I like that too.

maybe design a new kind of stripe? not something everyone already has?

My friends suggested a thin black line down the middle, separating the stripe into two. But I really like the solid single stripe. I'm open to suggestions, but I'm pretty happy with the way the model turned out, so speak now or forever hold your peace. I'll be buying the paint any day now.