New toy :)

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
Today the latest addition arrived from the UK. Strengthening our front against enviro hippies and prius drivers...so here it is. 49.000 mile original export (japan) 1990 Corvette in pristine condition (I am going to change the hideous outer lights to original red ones, the amber export ones are next to impossible to find, these are some kind of weird jap things) Woohoo :)

249dcbd6b45d54.jpg

249dcbd6c96687.jpg

249dceca528c7b.jpg

249dcbe00859ff.jpg

249dcbe0206a90.jpg

249dcbe03e4d44.jpg

249dcbe07d14e9.jpg

249dcebda36e06.jpg

Congrats TT!! It looks nice. Is this going to be modded or left stock?

I've noticed the older C5s or going for less than 20Gs now. Its getting very tempting. However, I'm losing my job in about 3 months so I guess I better wait. :crap:

Nice ride!

Wouldn't it be kind of hard for a car from Japan to have a lot miles,it is a pretty small island :amused:

Looks small on the map anyway.

Very nice car and a great daily driver. Good find TT. I can't help but notice that it's automatic .....

Nice shape for being 19 years old....looks fine....wonder how long before that L98 turns into something a tad wilder???

;)

Let me guess. Your not going to do much, just a few things.:tth:

It's my favorite year because of the new interior yet the oold square body style, I like that much better than 91 and up...to smooth, like a soap on a rope LOL

It's my favorite year because of the new interior yet the oold square body style, I like that much better than 91 and up...to smooth, like a soap on a rope LOL

I agree about the interior...finally ditched that damn Xmas tree dash like I endured with my '87....

:cussing:

The 84 I had obviously had the atari dash too...I liked it, quite a lot. It was something else. It WAS unreliable. I like the digital dashes on other cars too, I have one for a 3rd gen F body. What about the ones in the Chrysler shelby, it oozed 80s :)

The 84 dash is even a little different from the later ones (numeral sizes and such)

I agree about the older body but my favorite year is 89 because you get the old interior with a 6 spd. I prefer the old steering wheel. Are you keeping the side mirrors?

Those are export mirrors and they will come off, if there is no mark from the larger gasket under the base I will install the normal mirrors. They had too little mirror surface to get approved here so they stuck on these ugly things. They are electric too, I think they are originally porsche mirrors.

Those are export mirrors and they will come off, if there is no mark from the larger gasket under the base I will install the normal mirrors. They had too little mirror surface to get approved here so they stuck on these ugly things. They are electric too, I think they are originally porsche mirrors.

Thought it had to be some compliance thing.

Still a nice ride.
I like it a lot