[/url][/IMG]
The antenna will disappear.

vbimghost.php
[/url][/IMG]
The alarm key will disappear.

vbimghost.php
[/url][/IMG]
The Corvette emblem will disappear.

It's moving fast now, I'm getting geeked.

Last edited:
See my post about paints and primers and stuff, buy you paints from ONE LOCAL SOURCE, not some damn internet crapola....

:crutches:

Nice start. Can't wait to see the progress pics. But why are you taking the Corvette emblems off?

Danny

But why are you taking the Corvette emblems off?

Danny

Because they're cheezy as hell. I took 4 of 5 off of mine. The letters will come off the rear next time i paint it.

Why do we need 5 friggin big cheezy emblems to tell people its a corvette.?

Last edited:
BASF Glasurit is some good stuff.

Been a long time since I have used any.
I remember one clear they had, but can't remember the number.
We used a lot of it at the shop I was in at the time. You had
to buff with in like 12 hours....if you didn't ......it was easier to polish
a concrete floor than that stuff...... :lol:

i use ppg for color and spi for primers and clear . production clears dry hard . that is why you must buff within several days. they also chip easily . the spi universal clear will buff in 3 days or 3 months . it stays flexible so it is extremely hard to chip . i only have 3 products on the vettes i do . spi epoxy/ppg concept color/spi clear. i put 6 coats of clear on them.

Nice start. Can't wait to see the progress pics. But why are you taking the Corvette emblems off?

Danny

Several reasons:
Everybody knows it's a Corvette. The shape is so distinct it does not need to be identified.
I like the monochrome look. Let the lines of the car speak for themselves.
Easier to clean and polish.
I had 502 emblems on the hood and everybody (and I mean everybody) was always asking "what engine does it have in it?" so what was the point?.
Everybody is always surprised when they find out it is not a "poser" (usually driving a Mustang) and nobody expects that it could have much power; so I figure I would be as sleeper as I could.
There is nothing stock left on it except the dash so I may as well make it look the way I want it to.
It's a 1975. It would never be worth anything if it was NCRS correct.
I will be more amussed when somebody tells me "my cousin had one just like that back in 1975; same color, engine and everything".

If you have the time/patience..when you're priming, use a black guide coat. Set the car in the sun for as many days as you can...preferably 5 or more. All the holes you filled will shrink down. Better to find/block them after they shrink instead of seeing them show through the shiny paint a few months later. Any filler will shrink with time and temperature.

If you have the time/patience..when you're priming, use a black guide coat. Set the car in the sun for as many days as you can...preferably 5 or more. All the holes you filled will shrink down. Better to find/block them after they shrink instead of seeing them show through the shiny paint a few months later. Any filler will shrink with time and temperature.

Good advice :thumbs:

Seems readonable, I would agree, but for some reason, it did not work for me....if anything steer clear of DuPont finishes....

and another trick, I"m convinced that Minderal Spirits are just as good as anything else for thinner.....save you a ton of bux on that worthless crap....

:hi:

Seems readonable, I would agree, but for some reason, it did not work for me....if anything steer clear of DuPont finishes....

and another trick, I"m convinced that Minderal Spirits are just as good as anything else for thinner.....save you a ton of bux on that worthless crap....

I agree ignore the tech sheet and the manufactures recommendations,and do what Gene says,he has been turning out award winning paint jobs for..................... well NEVER.

I agree ignore the tech sheet and the manufactures recommendations,and do what Gene says,he has been turning out award winning paint jobs for..................... well NEVER.

:bounce::bump: I KNEW I get slammed for aggravating cynicism.....

:quote::goodevil:

Please try to keep this thread on track. This thread was started by Hyontorque. Go back and read the relevant posts and relevant responses.

Well I have been busey with retiring and setting up a new business. Not that anyone has been holding their breath but here is the latest round of photos:
thum_10614b2e54d566b6f.jpgthum_10614b2e54e688fa3.jpgthum_10614b2e54f844d8f.jpgthum_10614b2e552e235f8.jpgthum_10614b2e554b19fd7.jpgthum_10614b2e5562e4f31.jpg