2 stage paint question

urethane base/clearcoat ??? That type basecoat that is mixed 1:1 with reducer shouldn't be sanded. Just wait 45min or whatever the tech sheet says and spray the clear....

urethane base/clearcoat ??? That type basecoat that is mixed 1:1 with reducer shouldn't be sanded. Just wait 45min or whatever the tech sheet says and spray the clear....

Was curious is all because I got code 10 arctic white to try and match my 90 project and tons a imperfections in paint and now back of car looks good and front sucks haha ... this code 10 is a totally different color then my code 10. So guess time for a complete. But was curious why it didn't come out with a deep shine but more like laquer checking. Or now is it time to color sand and buff the clear and then it will come out?

This was a rush job because I have to move and where I am moving they would complain about the car looking like this in the back.

DSCF0500.jpg

I know doing it quick isn't a good thing but its the no shine that has me worried. My concern was getting the car one color is all. I can always have it repainted later for perfection.

what products did you use? If it's base/clear urethane then one possibility is that the clearcoat went on too "dry" and didn't "flow" ... happens when it's too hot or if you paint outside when the sun is hitting the car (happened when i painted my mustang) ...

Has a lot of blemishes but will color sand and buff. I'm going to pull the doors and do the jambs the paint the rest of the car so it matches.

I know you said you're short on time, but why not just just do the rest and get it all the same color?

Pics are hard to tell quality from, but it looks pretty good to me.

I know you said you're short on time, but why not just just do the rest and get it all the same color?

Pics are hard to tell quality from, but it looks pretty good to me.

because I thought the code10 would be a close match, oh well the doors and hood and front bumper be far easier then the back ever was. this is a 200k mile car so super quality isnt a big issue, just as long as it looks good from 20 feet.

After busting my ass over paint maybe 2-3 years ago, I gave it up, and IMO your car looks better than mine....

so don't feel too bad man....and one thing I know from painting houses...

colors NEVER MATCH, no matter what, it's all bullshit...it comes from the same can or we got NO prayer....and at that it has to be mixed/shaken and stirred beyond beyondo......

if you remember Johnny Carson, and James Bondo......

:bump::amazed::thumbs:

Has a lot of blemishes but will color sand and buff. I'm going to pull the doors and do the jambs the paint the rest of the car so it matches.

Jambs are suppose to be painted first.. then put the doors back on. Then paint the whole car.