Bumpers

6-71

Has anyone grafted a chrome bumper onto 81 style front ? , or 67 mustang lights onto a '71 style rear? any photos? .....looking for ideas to be different! :huh:

bumper conversion can be done and look good..... just have to cut and swap more than just the bumper.....on a 77 and older it will work but with the rear bubble window it just doesn't look right....

I'm still smiling at the original post.

Do I have it right that the car is in England and we need to modify the 81 Corvette "to be different"??:rofl::rain:

I've spent a lot of time in the UK and Corvettes just aren't that common....:thumbs:

I'm still smiling at the original post.

Do I have it right that the car is in England and we need to modify the 81 Corvette "to be different"??:rofl::rain:

I've spent a lot of time in the UK and Corvettes just aren't that common....:thumbs:

Yes it's in England, No it's not an 81 though...its a '75 with a '71 shell & no front end!!!!.... I'm just 'toying' with dropping an 80s style front and being different! Sorry if it offends the purists, but it's already a mongrel! and rather than scrap it, I might as well save it. There's no point in trying to pretend it's original, as that would probably just be the vin plates!
I would love to put a 71 front end on it, but there aren't any that I know of knocking around. I can get an 80/81 style though.:cry:

Last edited:
You got a 71 body so the rear is a chrome bumper. Well, I am absolutely no purist but a chrome bumper front would be my choice. With an 81 front it would still be a cool ride but I believe every penny you spend on a 68-72 front clip will be worth it....
Ok, let's put it this way: if you like the 80's front better then yes , do it .... If you only do it to save money then don't

Last edited:
I don't see how you could put a chrome bumper on a 80-82 front clip. Seems impossible in many ways.

too much work to put the chrome bumper on a 82 front, I'm saying go the extra mile and get a whole 68-72 front end..... or use a whole 82 front (if that's what you want).

too much work to put the chrome bumper on a 82 front, I'm saying go the extra mile and get a whole 68-72 front end..... or use a whole 82 front (if that's what you want).

71 would definately be my choice too, as I like the 68-72 version, but the chances of getting hold of one here in the uk are virtually nil!....I have tried believe me. The later ones are hard enough to find too, but there are some about. If anyone knows of of a decent 68-72 front in the uk please let me know!
I have seen pictures of a blue '68/72 with an 80's front and it did look quite good. ..just wondered if anyone had grafted a chrome bumper on one? Thanks

I guess you could cut the section in front of the headlights off and graft that section from a chrome bumper on ... the transition from bumper to fender in front of the wheel is different on a 80-82 model, theverlier fenders are curved, the 80 is straight.
how about using the available 82 front clip and then cut the rear and use a 80's fiberglass bumper ?? then at leat front and rear match somewhat, with a rear chrome bumper it would kinda look like a 73 but only kinda.....