Going to be upgrading.....

dreamer2468

I am just wondering what I should do before I put the vette up for sale. I have a 1996 CE, and it has 144+K on it, but runs VERY strong.

I use it as a dd right now, but am looking at C5s, as the bf has one, and its a lot more comfortable riding then mine. Anyway, have done some to it since I purchased it last year, mostly cosmetic, and some maintenence, but would like to know if this is a good time to sell, or hold off til economy gets better, which by the looks of things, may be a long way off.

I have already put new fog lites in, replaced the stereo and speakers this last week, am going to put on new brake pads, fuel filter, plugs, bushings. Already has new shocks.

Any other advice would be great!

Thanks in advance,
Laura:rose:

... but would like to know if this is a good time to sell, or hold off til economy gets better, which by the looks of things, may be a long way off...

:

Vette prices are down right now because of the weak economy. It's a really good market for buyers, but not for you, as a seller. Economists say that the economy won't take an upswing until after the election (probably 6 months after that), so we could be faced with another year of sluggish car prices and high gas.

If you don't feel like you can wait it out, you can always try eBay. I've seen some Vettes go on there recently for good prices. The key to eBay, is a really good write-up and EXCELLENT hi-res, professional-looking pictures. That makes a huge difference in the sale...

Good luck. Bill.........:wink: