2007 618 Hp?

GT6Steve

Recently listened to stories of a wonderful street driven 2007 purported to have 618 HP and ran 203 MPH with throttle remaining. Since I haven't a clue, how likely is this story to be true?

Not entirely sure as there were a lot of stories but this may well be with an automatic. A lot of work done to the computer including diff tuning????

Whatdya think?

Recently listened to stories of a wonderful street driven 2007 purported to have 618 HP and ran 203 MPH with throttle remaining. Since I haven't a clue, how likely is this story to be true?

Not entirely sure as there were a lot of stories but this may well be with an automatic. A lot of work done to the computer including diff tuning????

Whatdya think?

Twin Turbo Lingenfelter Z06...don't know about the top speed though.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/corvette-1990-2010/c5-ls1-ls6-zo6-1997-2004

Purported to be tuned by a Vette guy in maybe west Virginia?? I don't recall a mention of turboes.

So in other words, those are astronomical claims even with todays technology?

Honestly, I'm stuck in the vintage world trying to make horsepower with points so I haven't a clue what EFI and computers are doing these days.

Myopic I admit but I'm doing old school racing with no new school exposures. Beyond this one:thumbs:

Was is a 6.0 or 6.2 or a 7.0L. We built a 7.0L that was N/A that was dynoed at CRD in concord for 702hp. It already has 14,000 miles on it since the rebuild. 618 is allot, but not so much like it used to be. If that is a 6.0 or 6.2 it is allot and it will have a very distinct idle to it and sound, but it could be done with enough money in the right parts.

Was is a 6.0 or 6.2 or a 7.0L. We built a 7.0L that was N/A that was dynoed at CRD in concord for 702hp. It already has 14,000 miles on it since the rebuild. 618 is allot, but not so much like it used to be. If that is a 6.0 or 6.2 it is allot and it will have a very distinct idle to it and sound, but it could be done with enough money in the right parts.

:smash:

Thanks for the chuckle....'speed costs money, how fast do you want to go'.....

I only go halfassed.....

:cool::lol:

Your avatar, is that your car? if so, smokin!!!!! :yahoo:

:smash:

Thanks for the chuckle....'speed costs money, how fast do you want to go'.....

I only go halfassed.....

:cool::lol:
Of course it costs money, especially when you want that kind of HP to drive on the street. Glad it gave you a chuckle though.
There are plenty of these cars out there that make that kind of power, yes they are expensive, not just the parts in the engine but the tuning of these vehicles. I spend an entire week on the dyno and some traffic driving to the get the car where it is now to make it docile while cruising around.
Even the old cars will make hp but it still depends on how much you want to spend. It also just depends on how much you can do yourself. If you can do most of it then your price tag would be much less then someone that is requiring some else to do all the work.

Your avatar, is that your car? if so, smokin!!!!! :yahoo:

That depends on who you ask. My 6 year old tells everyone it is his car.
Yes that is my hot rod. It is not street legal, but allot of fun.

Where to start. It started life as a 06 Corvette and there is not one part that has not been messaged on it. The car if fully caged, there is no longer a windshield frame or B pillar in it, it is just cage work with a carbon fiber one piece roof. It is powered by a LS2 making ####### Hp.:) Let's just say allot here.
The car is dry sumped and it is a SCCA STO built race car pretty much.
Hopefully next year the budget will allow for me to install a dog box in the car, I think this would actually be faster then a sequential box but we will see. There is still a couple of things left to be done on it. I am working on the pedal box right now so that my pedal can retract or extend depending on who is driving the car. The seat is mounted in one position and can't move. I will post a picture of the car during the build naked so you can see the roof.thum_16304c20cd1eec958.jpg