Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Engine

Old 01-05-2017, 04:05 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69427 View Post
Found a couple filters with anti-drainback valves (according to the Summit website). The Wix 51060 and the AC 19187301 appear to be some parts to try. Just for amusement I think I'll e-mail Wix and ask if higher reverse pressures (during pre-lubing) cause any durability issues with the valve, and typically what is the forward pressure drop across the valve.
Pays to ask first, doesn't it? I'm interested in hearing their answer. My guess is you've got a solution.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:32 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (554)

Yes pleas keep us informed. Will you add the cooler and remote or just the Accusump for pre-lube? Seems like good insurance - cooler temps (thermostat controlled), more capacity, and easier filter swaps. Small weight penalty for the added benefits I'd say.

Cheer - Jim
Old 01-06-2017, 05:02 PM
United States | The Artist formerly known as Turbo84

My Photos: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
Yes pleas keep us informed. Will you add the cooler and remote or just the Accusump for pre-lube? Seems like good insurance - cooler temps (thermostat controlled), more capacity, and easier filter swaps. Small weight penalty for the added benefits I'd say.

Cheer - Jim
The long term plan is to add an oil cooler too. The block has several (3?) tapped ports above the oil filter, so (hopefully) the plumbing ought to be pretty straight forward.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:34 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (126)

you and your motor would be much happier with dry sump oiling
Old 03-12-2017, 04:40 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

I went w/ a drysump-

I did it mainly because it was my only option the fit the engine. This is a street car...more grand touring style.

Cost-

$500-600 for hoses/fittings I used Earl's- made in the USA and they had fittings I could polish - plus they have 30 fittings which I needed for my application.

Dry Sump Tank- $300- I went w/ a Canton as I was able to fit it under the hood after removing the vacuum tank. And they are really nice looking

3 stage pump $550- I went w/ a Nutter Racing pump- Looks like a lot of pump for the money- and the guy has some good references on the pumps and the motors he builds.

Drive belt system- $350 Some used parts- some made and Peterson HTD gears

Misc-bracket/breather $200 A Moroso breather and a custom made bracket

Oil filter canister- A stock BMW piece -has an output for oil cooler and it has a anti-drain-back valve built into it. Made some AN fittings for it and it's done. I used a banjo fitting for the mechanical oil pressure gauge. I ditched the clock and running an oil temp gauge in place of it.

Oil pan- stock pan modified-a good buddy of mine welded it together-I used some P/U with strainers to keep pieces out of the pump.

SO - easily over a couple grand- and I watched what I was spending but didn't cheap out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...], on Flickr

Oil tank-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...], on Flickr

Oil canister-mech gauge test run

oip pan P/u w/ heat shield

Belt drive

Oil filter /canister-