build a better spreader bar

The red stuff is airplane stuff and the black is off of ebay

10' for 50 bucks

Nice work on the spreader bar guys looks good. Here is the big question though, is there a big difference in handling with this installed, or is it just going to iritate the guys at the alignment shop? I am just a street driving guy, with some minimal drag racing - no auto cross here. I am in the process of going through the front suspension, new ball joints and poly bushings and a rack and pinion upgrade.

This question is a little off topic but has anybody experience with the VB&P 1 3/8 front sway bar - is it worth buying over a stock swaybar, My car is front end heavy with the 572 under the hood.

Hey yellow73sb what do you have for rubber on the back of your car that avatar looks wicked?

I had my doubts too, but I got a bar for cheep off one of the guys some 5 years ago...so it was a prefab VBP setup....about a year later I got around to installing it....

it's a BIG IMPROVEMENT....IMO...yeh, I can tell it's there....easy...

:D

Nice work on the spreader bar guys looks good. Here is the big question though, is there a big difference in handling with this installed, or is it just going to iritate the guys at the alignment shop? I am just a street driving guy, with some minimal drag racing - no auto cross here. I am in the process of going through the front suspension, new ball joints and poly bushings and a rack and pinion upgrade.

This question is a little off topic but has anybody experience with the VB&P 1 3/8 front sway bar - is it worth buying over a stock swaybar, My car is front end heavy with the 572 under the hood.

Hey yellow73sb what do you have for rubber on the back of your car that avatar looks wicked?

If you've got a boatload of weight on the front end, the last thing you want to do is bump up the front bar size. It's a sports car, and turning a corner on occasion is helpful. You need a rear bar (or a bigger rear bar) to help compensate for the poor f/r weight balance.

27x10 hoosiers

On the front sway bar I bet your 572 weights the same as an iron head stock block engine like the corvette came with. No need to get a giant sway bar, a 15/16 or 1" should be fine.

Oh shit.... you don't want to know what went through my mind with the thread title......:rolleyes: