Twin Turbo and the quest for the Ring

Vettezuki

Okay, I don't know the current status of TT's project, or if he has ever taken it to the ring. But I'd be DAMNED curious to know just what kind of times that thing might be able to put in.

I know this. The Ring (Nurburgring) is in Germany, which I'm pretty sure is part of Europe; and TT is over there somewhere too. Close enough. What say you TT? What good is a weapon if it isn't tested on a great battlefield? (Ok, that was the German blood in me speaking.) The American in me thinks it'd be a damn lot of fun.:stirpot:

also called the "green hell":

5a3370f4.jpg

Yes, it's roughly 25KM long and you can race your own car... they even have busses and motorcycles on the track at the same time. :shocking:

Edit: dutch tour busses :)

Yes, it's roughly 25KM long and you can race your own car... they even have busses and motorcycles on the track at the same time. :shocking:

Edit: dutch tour busses :)

that's nuts,,,,
when Jackie Stewart said it's unsafe,,, sometime in the 70's,,, well, was that not when they shortened it?

It's not even that expensive, prices vary wether you want to do a couple or something like 10 laps.

It's still unsafe, very unsafe :)

As for me driving there, I'll have to finish the car first but when I do (<- not, I did NOT say IF :D) I'll most likely take it up there, or maybe to the Oschersleben track on one of their test days.

Get ready for something like this... :crutches:

DSC00047.jpg

I know, something like two to three people a week die there. But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Anyways, he's got a roll cage. Better put in a fire system if he doesn't have one already. . . .:evil:

It's not even that expensive, prices vary wether you want to do a couple or something like 10 laps.

As for me driving there, I'll have to finish the car first but when I do (<- not, I did NOT say IF :D) I'll most likely take it up there, or maybe to the Oschersleben track on one of their test days.

Word. :beer::beer:

Here's some nice vids of crashes.... that track is insane! Every idiot driver can go there and try to kill himself

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t954qji0tF0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb0zm_syBQI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_k_o8o69Q4[/ame]

A buddy of mine was there w/ his kawasaki ZX10R bike and he said it was scary as hell, idiot porsche and bimmer drivers were trying to drive him off the track LOL He isn't the kind who drives slowly (he's the type who wears out a brand new tire in less than 1500km)

Here's some nice vids of crashes.... that track is insane! Every idiot driver can go there and try to kill himself

A buddy of mine was there w/ his kawasaki ZX10R bike and he said it was scary as hell, idiot porsche and bimmer drivers were trying to drive him off the track LOL He isn't the kind who drives slowly (he's the type who wears out a brand new tire in less than 1500km)

The thing that blows me away about any form of track day or amateur racing is that a lot of people immediately go beyond themselves instead of building skills progressively. I guess it's a lack of knowledge combined with too much adrenaline.

Interesting crashes,,, I really like the van in the second one,, it was hauln ass,,,lol

caused by brakes fade,,,,:bs:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQvgJZVLhhU[/ame]

if it was me I would shake your car down on the Autobahn...there are probably less "hero drivers" and crazies there than at "the ring".....and yes for a plane ticket I`m available to pilot the thing WHEN it gets finished.....to be honest there is NO DOUBT in my mind it will get finished.......I`m just not sure if Marck`s son or grandson will finish it....sorry I couldn`t resist.
redvetracr

if it was me I would shake your car down on the Autobahn...there are probably less "hero drivers" and crazies there than at "the ring".....and yes for a plane ticket I`m available to pilot the thing WHEN it gets finished.....to be honest there is NO DOUBT in my mind it will get finished.......I`m just not sure if Marck`s son or grandson will finish it....sorry I couldn`t resist.
redvetracr

I should even have my SCCA license by then

I stopped at the 'Ring several years ago while traveling from Frankfort to Luxembourg on business. I was all fired up to do some miles on the old track, but was told there was some heavy fog in the hills, and that portion was closed. They did have the new track open (I was thinking it was referred to as the Grand Prix track), so I spent the afternoon beating the crap out of an Opel rental car. A good time, but obviously, not the same. Perhaps next time.

redvetracr

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You know the reason I really like the Ring is that it is a comprehensive test of a vehicles performance and virtually every performance car has a Ring number. It can never be a clear comparison since it's not a closed course, but it would be some kind of interesting comparison.

You know the reason I really like the Ring is that it is a comprehensive test of a vehicles performance and virtually every performance car has a Ring number. It can never be a clear comparison since it's not a closed course, but it would be some kind of interesting comparison.

I have driven the "RING" many times................In Forza2 on the X Box 360.:lol:

It is a really trying course. :banghead: