wheel bearings 1990 ??????

JeffP1167

when I swapped wheels on my 90 today I noticed 1 missing lugnut stud and two that were stripped out. So since I know no history of this car I am going to take and replace all 4 and rotors and pads as well.

I looked on ebay for these and was amazed at there price, nos GM ones at almost 400.00 and others at as low as 80.00 a bearing. Are rebuilt ones really so bad to go with? Being it's ebay how do I tell the fronts from rears?

where would you all go for rebuilt bearings? I definitely don't want garbage rebuilt ones for an obvious reason but 400.00 a bearing seems wayyyyy over priced at the same time.

I think you can buy Timken fronts for about $130 ea. Rock Auto may sell them and there is a discount code. The rears will have a splined hole and the fronts (for a 90) will have the ABS reluctor wheel enclosed in a housing.

You can also replace just the studs if yours are still good.

I think you can buy Timken fronts for about $130 ea. Rock Auto may sell them and there is a discount code. The rears will have a splined hole and the fronts (for a 90) will have the ABS reluctor wheel enclosed in a housing.

You can also replace just the studs if yours are still good.

Well, since I plan on doing the brakes just thought I would do the bearings anyways. After the bearings and brakes I will be down to normal repairs to the car. I've paid for the real expensive parts the car needed already.