Looking for 1/2" Dorman type fuel line fitting

dorman is a brand, that's an o ring seat type bead. Same as on AC stuff, you can probably have one made locally.

I have a tool that makes these. I can look tomorrow and see if I have a 1/2 fitting for it. Do you need it to go to a -8An fitting, if not what do you need on the the other end?

That 1/2" O ring fitting is fuel line feed for the GM truck fuel rail. I found the tool to make it in 3/8" but not 1/2". I can add the fittings on the other end, 37 degree JIC. I'll check local AC shops.

Ok, I just checked, I don't have a 1/2". I just checked with Mastercool and I did not see where they made a 1/2" push to connect GM line. Sorry, I thought my kit may have one in it, but it only goes up to 3/8.

That 1/2" O ring fitting is fuel line feed for the GM truck fuel rail. I found the tool to make it in 3/8" but not 1/2". I can add the fittings on the other end, 37 degree JIC. I'll check local AC shops.

Is that the the fitting that goes on a BB Vortec fuel rail (where the hard line enters the plastic rail)? If it is, I have and extra that I would be glad to send you.

Yep, that's it. I'm actually trying to use an LS1 intake on an L33 engine (lower profile intake). Use the L33 injectors (minus the plastic tips) and fuel rail. I've already got a couple sets laying around.
But I need to to make a lower profile fuel line to feed the L33 rails. The crossover tube on the truck motors doesn't have enough unbent spots to flare for a connection.
So now I'm looking for 1/2" AC or transmission line with the bead to bend my own lines.

Last edited:
The problem is the push to lock on the trans lines is different than the fuel lines. I have the 1/2" for the trans, but the shoulder is very short where as the fuel lines the shoulder is almost and inch.

What I can do is when I get back from VIR, I can see if I can machine a 1/2" block that will fit in my flare tool. It looks pretty simple but it will take me some time do draw it out and write a program.
When I get back I will look into it. I could see it being a nice thing to have around here for times just like this.
Thanks
Justin

The shoulder on this is only 1/2", and it could probably be even shorter than that. The way it seats in the rail, as long as the O ring is on the OD, it should seal. If you can make some of these out of seamless 1/2" aluminum or steel, I'll take 10, 16" long. Just let me know what I'll owe you.
DSCN0052.jpg

Last edited: