Diff side yoke specs

I'll sure be glad to get the rear end back together for two big reasons. I'm interested in finally driving the car, and I'm tired of inhaling ninety weight.:sick:

90wt makes Gorillas' barf......I dunno what in hell IS about that crap, but it just DONT come outta clothes or anything else.....but hand cleaner does help a bit.....

must be like the bottom of the distiller's vat....the stink is incredible....

:rolleyes::clobbered:

Rebuilt yokes?

I recall where Gary mentioned (in post #9) rebuilt yokes. I've been boxing up stuff recently (we sold our house) and I have a few worn yokes on the shelf. I was trying to decide whether to throw these in the scrap metal pile (got a pickup load to take to the scrap yard on Monday), or if there's any use for these. Any suggestions or information?

Thanks,
Mike

I recall where Gary mentioned (in post #9) rebuilt yokes. I've been boxing up stuff recently (we sold our house) and I have a few worn yokes on the shelf. I was trying to decide whether to throw these in the scrap metal pile (got a pickup load to take to the scrap yard on Monday), or if there's any use for these. Any suggestions or information?

Thanks,
Mike

I think Lonestar caliper buys them

69427, send me your In-Laws address and I'l run over and clean-up stuff for you. Be a shame for you to have to deal with it when you finally move.

I recall seeing something about drilling and pressing in a hard button into the end of the yoke. Maybe just wishful thinking

69427, send me your In-Laws address and I'l run over and clean-up stuff for you. Be a shame for you to have to deal with it when you finally move.

I recall seeing something about drilling and pressing in a hard button into the end of the yoke. Maybe just wishful thinking

U right, I dunno about drilling/pressing, but Yogi Behr (Bear?) vette supplier was my yoke source on my diffy 15 years ago....so far they are fine, they were very obviously not the same steel on the tips, ends were removed and redone about 3/4?" of length from the end....and have not worn a bit since...
done on a exchange basis....I forget the price, but it was good compared to others....

:thumbs:

Thanks for the offer, Tim. You're a good guy. But I'd hate to take advantage of your generosity. :wink:

Thanks,
Mike

Mike
Lonestar has the market on rebuilt yokes. They supply all the vendors. The ends are faced at the snap ring and a tool steel hardened button is pressed in. The QC isn't always the best but overall they're what everyone is using, unless you go to Tom's or international axle.
With that said you should get $20-$25 per core as long as the splines are good.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike
Lonestar has the market on rebuilt yokes. They supply all the vendors. The ends are faced at the snap ring and a tool steel hardened button is pressed in. The QC isn't always the best but overall they're what everyone is using, unless you go to Tom's or international axle.

Gary, Is Yogi still in business?? come think of it, I have not heard anything about his operation in some time now.....

:twitch:

Yes Bairs is still going strong, they're one of the few vendors I deal with.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike

Gary, Is Yogi still in business?? come think of it, I have not heard anything about his operation in some time now.....

:twitch:

Why does side yoke end play matter that much when there is constant pressure on the center pin at all times? I can see if there is too much and it would cause that shield to rub the side of the diff. Won't you have to pull a g or more around a turn to have it not keep pressure on the center pin?