Holy crap---deja vu

Yea, I'll second that. I'm just glad when that happened @ 100 mph, that I was able to get the car slowed down and off the road safely!!

Got my trans back today!! They completely went through it to make sure there was no internal damage, removed what was left of the bellhousing to be able to mount new blowproof bellhousing, built new 10" torque converter, ordered a new G-Force crossmember and dyno-tested after assy.
The cost for the crossmember from the manufacturer is $299.99. The cost for torque converter normally $400.00. Normal cost to remove guts from one case and install in another $400.00. The total cost for all the work and parts at the trans shop (including crossmember)----- $550.00!!!! I just about fell over. Hope to be back on the road maybe over the weekend. YAHOO!!
Serious thumbs up to Phoenix Transmissions in Weatherford Tx.
Art

Got my trans back today!! They completely went through it to make sure there was no internal damage, removed what was left of the bellhousing to be able to mount new blowproof bellhousing, built new 10" torque converter, ordered a new G-Force crossmember and dyno-tested after assy.
The cost for the crossmember from the manufacturer is $299.99. The cost for torque converter normally $400.00. Normal cost to remove guts from one case and install in another $400.00. The total cost for all the work and parts at the trans shop (including crossmember)----- $550.00!!!! I just about fell over. Hope to be back on the road maybe over the weekend. YAHOO!!
Art

Good deal AJ. Was this the same trans shop that perfomed the work before? Maybe they felt guilty about something :smash:

No, it definitely wasn't their fault. We pretty well determined that the culprit was the Bowtie crossmember. Might be OK for a stocker, but it is a little too flexible for an engine making the power that mine does. They said it was because I didn't throw a hissy fit and point fingers. They figured it would be good advertising. Works for me!

They said it was because I didn't throw a hissy fit and point fingers. They figured it would be good advertising. Works for me!

I have discovered over the years that not throwing a fit, being polite and just saying "I have a problem" works wonders.

Heck of a good price for all that too AJ.

No, it definitely wasn't their fault. We pretty well determined that the culprit was the Bowtie crossmember.

Keep me posted. I find that hard to believe. Mine is anything but flexible.:wink:

:clap:
Art

What is the stall speed of the 10" convertor you went with?

No, it definitely wasn't their fault. We pretty well determined that the culprit was the Bowtie crossmember.

Keep me posted. I find that hard to believe. Mine is anything but flexible.:wink:

As a matter of fact, when the car was idling, you could see the tailshaft of the trans bouncing up and down about an inch with the lope of the cam.

Ozzy, the stall is 2600, I think?

As a matter of fact, when the car was idling, you could see the tailshaft of the trans bouncing up and down about an inch with the lope of the cam.

Ozzy, the stall is 2600, I think?

OH, BS, you GOTTA be kidding...a INCH??....shit, I can get more out of a 2x4 layed flat..muvva ducker,....you sure some weld or mounting bolts/frame rust even did't eff all that up???

:surrender:

Uh, that sounds like a broken mount to me. :huh:

I have had doubts about the bow tie cross member as the tube they use is so small. I might be way off base but I think the people at GM would have felt that they would have saved money by using less material to produce the cross member they would have.

Nope. I just pulled both motor and the trans mount just in case and they were all still totally intact. I replaced them anyway. No frame weld problems in that area either.

Nope. I just pulled both motor and the trans mount just in case and they were all still totally intact. I replaced them anyway. No frame weld problems in that area either.

DAMN, at one time I was thinking of using their cross support, and modding my car to take it....being as it WAS a welded in support for a stick shift frame...it's now removable outta the stock shit, modded to allow removal with ease....but never had any issued like that....

:surrender::smash:

I will have to look at this again.:twitch: