steer clear

One of my buddies back home put this in his 32. I was impressed with the quality of it, I'm not sure how it would work in a vette though.

One of my buddies back home put this in his 32. I was impressed with the quality of it, I'm not sure how it would work in a vette though.

Maybe if the steeroids kit had good brackets, and altered the rack position to include one of those units on the input shaft....THEN it would be worth the 1200 bux they want....

:clobbered:

That's a neat gizmo, that indeed could come in very handy. The only problem I see is that the steering column is at an angle, you'd have to have mount the whole thing at the same angle or use a universal before and after. It would help with the crappy input shaft angles.

That's a neat gizmo, that indeed could come in very handy. The only problem I see is that the steering column is at an angle, you'd have to have mount the whole thing at the same angle or use a universal before and after. It would totally SOLVE the crappy input shaft angles.

AND I might add, allow the flipping of the rack mount back to the input being hearly horizontal, that would do two things, the first is obviously just ONE universal joint being needed then, the second is not having to clearance cut the back of the engine mount, (not that critical one way or another, just the effort) and third and most important, far as I"m concerned....

is the RAISING of the inner tie rod mounting points, that allows less twist loading on that traveller in the rack itself, so the adaptor assy is much more stable as the bolts are much closer in line between rack output and tie rod ends.....I would feel lots better about longer adapter block then to make equal length tie rods.....

Just wish that waskelly wabbit din' COST so much....

:bonkers::trumpet: