Union - 3AN to 3/8 Inverted Flare

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
Does anyone make a Union Fitting - Female 3/8-24 inverted flare to -3AN Female? All I can find is Female 3/8-24 inverted flare to Female 3/8-24 inverted flare.

I need to find this for a brake banjo fitting with a -3AN male fitting and a brake line with a male 3/8-24 inverted flare.

Does anyone make a Union Fitting - Female 3/8-24 inverted flare to -3AN Female? All I can find is Female 3/8-24 inverted flare to Female 3/8-24 inverted flare.

I need to find this for a brake banjo fitting with a -3AN male fitting and a brake line with a male 3/8-24 inverted flare.

I've had luck doing image searches for odd-ball fittings. Once you see the fitting just go to the page.

Speedway has female to male an. Might need two fittings.

Last edited:
I tried that. All I can find is Female 3/8-24 inverted flare to Female 3/8-24 inverted flare.

Hope I got the spelling right....try Endelmann.....I found my oddball fitting at O"Reilly AP....but they next door.....I would try Rock auto.....

AND pardon my stupidity.....what IS an 'inverted' flare?? I always call it a flare...like a trumpet with a nut on it, that screws into a fitting with a cone in it that has a hole for the fluid/air to pass through, tighten the nut down and done....what is 'inverted' about it??:beer:

Jegs sells a hose with those female ends. I think that is what I used.

Looks like i will use what I can find, all -AN stuff. So cut off the double flare on the hard line, re flare with a 37 degree single and hope for the best. I am going to use copper seals.

Now it time to figure out the front lines.

I looked at the site and can't find a banjo with female inverted flare. I have looked all over for that and cant find anything.

I just finished this today. On the rear caliper hard lines, I cut off the flare nut that goes to the caliper and flared the tube for a -3AN banjo. I had some flex hoses made up for the front.

Next is installing the rear parking brake cable. The attachment for the Brembo spot brakes looks to be about 4 inches forward of the original. Need to figure a way to shorten that cable 8". Some kind of clamp on ball?

Next I move on to the rack & pinion.