Tribute Scale Model of "LOVE"

Mr.Blue

MYBAD79 just made me realize I have not been keeping updated here recently. Been a bit busy DRIVING my 66 to a few shows lately and having a blast! Sorry.
Some of you may already know that my "LOVE" was featured on the cover of Russia's big car magazine "Auto Tune" last month plus 4 more full color pages inside. WOW!!
Well, just when I though May couldn't get any better, I received a package in the mail from Ron Drechsler, one of my friends (since pre teen years, no less) with a request to open it only with my video camera going. I set the video up and began to open this box very carefully. Inside was an exact 1/25th plastic scale model of my '66 Vette "Love Is Blue" that he had built, right down to the license plate!
Take a look at the work and craftsmanship involved:
Pic350.jpg
Pic341.jpg
Pic106.jpg
Pic282.jpg
42371-June022008-RonDrechslerathiso.jpg

Wow Glenn. You have one hell of a nice friend there. Talented too. You must be honored.:1st:

Last edited:
Talent

Wow Glenn. You have one hell of a nice friend there. Talented too. You must be honored.:1st:

Oh YES! I know it!!! You are a very blessed person to have a friend who stays a friend all of your life (50+ years). Especially since he was the guy riding with me back in 1967 when I was showing off right after I bought my 66 Vette and I lost control and crashed into 30 feet of trees at over 110MPH. :twitch: Man am I glad I didn't kill him back then!
Pic147.jpg
He won 2nd and 3rd at a major model show prior to sending it to me.
That's his MOPAR.
Pic353.jpg

Like I said before Glenn, I reckon you owe your mate Ron one humungaloid favour now!

He did a fantastic job on it. Are you gonna post your vid?

OK, Short and Sweet!
[ame=http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/1966Blue/?action=view&current=102_3457.flv]th_102_3457.jpg[/ame]

Oh, did you mean the one of me opening up the package?
NO WAY!!!
Who wants to see a 63 year old guy crying like a baby!

Fluid

What's the fluid on the windscreen when you hammer it?

It's condensation off the blower and base of the carbs. (look close and you'll see it on them)
Seems in the mornings when it's cooler outside before the engine gets soaked in heat, the gas flowing thru the carbs and top of the blower builds condensation on them. Wind speed blew it off onto the windshield.
Yeah, it scared me too the first time it happened. Thought I'd blown a water line or gasket!

I think the Model Vette is Awesome.........:thumbs:
And hats off to your Buddy that built it......:hi:

:drink:

I think the Model Vette is Awesome.........:thumbs:
And hats off to your Buddy that built it......:hi:

:drink:

I agree that guy is amazing and that model is a work of art. I see 3 different mid year model boxes on the bench. I asume it took 3 to make the 1 he wanted. Do you have anymore pics, they are interesting to see?

Last edited:
Here's my collection of unopened boxes.... the 1:8 scale is a sweet toy

:thumbs:

I've got that same '78 1/8 scale.....had it since High School......pretty well molested now...
cut it up to make a vert and never finished it.......also have the 1/8 '65 and '82.
Along with a couple of 1/12 '67s.

Here's the (1/8) '82 setting on our (1/1) '81.

5-20-07003.jpg

I love the engine note when you punch it :1st:

I played that for RoysTransmission today. First time I ever heard him say "holy crap.":bounce:

Yeah, I know. I say that a lot every time I get brave enough to 'punch it' on the street too. Todays' laws are just way too expensive and tough to 'play' on the street anymore. :suicide:
Not at all like in my youth when the streets were bare and open and the law wasn't so well equipped to deal with the stray hot rodder that flew by.:fishing: (<- barney fife) Glenn

Thank enkeivette for the mental pic.

Nah... it's not that bad here in FL..... tickets for speed below the speed of light are very affordable ... NOT !!!!!

:bonkers::cry::cry: