EFI Buyer's Guide (FAST, ACCEL, BigStuff3)

So to run an FI system like BigG & Bullshark have in their cars,what is the set up price? to do it all and do it correctly.
I'll probably have 3,800-4K in it by the time the dust settles. Accel DFI VII would have saved me about 1K. Don't tell my wife.:eek:

I think i will stick with my carb :surrender:

I would have not for the issues with my Forced Induction/carb. issues. I'm also doing it to test my Fuel Injection tuning abilities...:lol:

So to run an FI system like BigG & Bullshark have in their cars,what is the set up price? to do it all and do it correctly.
I'll probably have 3,800-4K in it by the time the dust settles. Accel DFI VII would have saved me about 1K. Don't tell my wife.:eek:

I would have not for the issues with my Forced Induction/carb. issues. I'm also doing it to test my Fuel Injection tuning abilities...:lol:

I dunno man, best of luck to you, it turned into a programming nitemare for me, more damn stupid crap excuses as to whatever, then it became impossible to send files to someone who actually knew something, and I had NO local support, so I tossed the towel...

Where as finding the factory stuff is in fact fairly easy to tune once been through it a few times....mine is a antiquated system but really to be proven anything else would make a significant improvement.....I think to do much at this point, a LS engine would be the thing....that ~336? ci out of a truck :friends:

:pprrtt::suicide::D

Kev, there are many ways to skin this cat if you are creative.

ECU + Harness ~ $975 (thinking Accel Thruster here it can be updated to Gen 7 later if you need it)
Fuel pump ~ $150
Wide band O2 LC-1 $175

Ok here is where you think about tailoring to your needs

Engine top end can be anything you want to create. For instance a friend of mine bought an old Holley 950 intake/throttle body setup off of craig's list for a song and built his up using that. Old GM TPI can be considered. Something along the lines of what Gene has. :eek:
If I had it to do over, on RamJet, I would have purchased the ZZ502 and built the engine top end up from new or swap meet pieces. Wouldn't have had to cut up my hood either. :smash: After all, this is a hobby. Hobbies cost money just depends on where you want to spend it. Think of the money your saving on that paint job.....:goodevil:

I must have 5 or 6 carburetors sitting on the shelf out in the garage. One is the Holley 850 cfm spreadbore List 6213. (Thinking out loud) Might just put that up on the Christmas thread. If you ever take the leap to FI, you won't go back.

Bullshark

I never rule anything out,but it's not in the cards right now,or the bank account:cry:. The body work and new paint is taking care of what little extra cash there is :suspicious:
Maybe when i get a few other things taken care of,who knows :D

I'm having a similar experience to Gene's with this FAST setup, but I'm not throwing in the towel yet...Worst case, if I need to pull the motor and go through it again due to washing the cylinders and wearing the rings out, I'm going to get the tune right, pull the motor and then put lower compression pistons in it to get ready for a Vortech supercharger...