L88 hood scoop and front lip installation help

As stated, your missing the rebar that holds the cushion (that squishy honeycomb piece) in place. Looks like someone mounted the cushion to the rebar supports. By the way, the forward turn signals and grills are supposed to mount to the rebar. Also, from the pink that's showing through in the forward corner of the drivers side fender, I'd bet there's repairs under the paint that was fixed with bondo, and from what I've seen already, I'd guess the repairs aren't the highest quality. Based on the way your surround fits, I'd consider striping the paint off the front end to see what's there. How're the fender ridges? Are they sharp and clean?

Last edited:
pls help me look for the parts that i am missing and post the link where i can buy them or number that i can call.

pls list the parts and their names. i tried looking up 82 corvette rebar i got nothing.

are my pictures satisfactory or do you need more pics

i am also trying to add a front lip to the bumper . how do i go about doing that. the sides are fine but the center space is the problem. how do i bolt the lip in the center of the bumper

Here's where I found the parts I needed:

http://corvetteparts.com/

You should be able to get an air deflector (the lip your talking about) here as well. Some of the parts you need you might be able to find used on ebay or craigs list too.

Are you doing the work yourself? If you are, I strongly suggest getting an Assembly Instruction Manual and GM service Manual for your car. What about the front surround? If the rest of the front clip problems aren't addressed, you'll play hell getting that hood (with or without the L88 scoop) to fit well.

The rebar they refer to is not it's technical name. It is called a impact bumper

spend the extra and buy a NOS GM part!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C3-Corvette-front-bumper-inner-support-impact-bar-GM-Part-14007091-1980-82-/140784018678?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1980|Model%3ACorvette&hash=item20c761a4f6&vxp=mtr

Thanks Jeff, rebar is what it's listed as with some of the vendors, I guess they're shortening reinforcement bar? rzkas, make sure the support brackets aren't cracked or broken too.

i believe ya referring to the piece that goes behind what i have on the car correct? two fiberglass pieces r in good shape. are there any other parts that are mission or that i need? thanks

Last edited:
Look at what Jeff posted at look at what you posted. See the difference? I'll ask again, are you going to do the work, or have it done?

rzkas - sent you a PM asking for your email as I'll send you some pics of my 80 with the rubber bumper and honey comb bumper pad off. PM me and I'll send them.

is this the part? what part is this and for which year corvette?

DSC01363.jpg

Last edited:
here this will give you a better idea of the whole impact bumper setup for 80-82

No other years will interchange with 80-82

82bumper2.jpg

82bumper.jpg

rzkas, the part that you have mounts onto the parts that Jeff posted. If your friend with the body shop isn't experienced in these cars, I highly recommend getting an Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM) for your car. It'll show you how everything goes together and will also provide part numbers for all the parts. These are available from most any of the corvette part vendors and in your instance will likely save you alot of time, effort and probably money too.

rzkas, the part that you have mounts onto the parts that Jeff posted. If your friend with the body shop isn't experienced in these cars, I highly recommend getting an Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM) for your car. It'll show you how everything goes together and will also provide part numbers for all the parts. These are available from most any of the corvette part vendors and in your instance will likely save you alot of time, effort and probably money too.

most valuable book for these cars !!!! I found re-prints on Ebay for $50 ... originals usually go for $100-$120 (at least last time I checked)

money very well spent !!!