C6 seats in a C3 ? - Installed, they fit.....

MYBAD79

UPDATE: photos of installed C6 seats on page 2

I know the C5 seats are a little higher than the stock seats and the brackets have to be modified to lower the seats. Anyone installed C6 seats ? How do these fit with the sliders ?

Last edited:
No idea.... I got a pair of red C6 seats on Ebay and they should show up at the house on Monday.... I'm sure I can make them fit, just wondering how much of a pita it's going to be.... I like to keep the sliders because the seats are fully powered, I think they're heated too but that's not really all that important down here in FL....

How do I remove the airbag ?????
:confused::confused:

The C5 seats I have came with the power mechanism. There is no way I could get that in a C3 (unless I was about 5 feet tall).

Do both of yours have the power rails? I have a set with only power on the drivers side.... I'm looking for one w/ power for the pass side.

dunno... never sat on the passenger side and adjusted the seat in the C6... I think these seats are both heated and both have the airbag.... remove it or just leave it alone ???

both have the airbag.... remove it or just leave it alone ???

Just to be on the safe side I would remove the bags and fill the cavity with
some dense foam. You could probably sell the unused bags to a rebuilder.

Chances are you would never have a problem leaving them it.....but you
might be that 1 in a Million unlucky cat and it will deploy on you while your
wiring up the power seat.

Be sure there is no presents of any static electricity when removing the bags.
That has been known to set one off.

dunno... never sat on the passenger side and adjusted the seat in the C6... I think these seats are both heated and both have the airbag.... remove it or just leave it alone ???

LOL my ?? was meant for Larry :D

LOL my ?? was meant for Larry :D

I sold them a while back to a guy building a street rod. You can see how tall they are from the picture below. Maybe the C6 stuff is more compact?

449d36fe3de622.jpg

I want to replace the manual one on my drivers side seat w/ a power one.... they go for crazy money on ebay though. Yours looked really clean too!

Karsten, I put C-5 seats in my 69, but as stated in another post, the C-5-6 seat tracks make it sit too high. My seats are mounted using Geo Metro tracks I modified to sit lower than stock. I wanted to keep the original tracks on the original seats and unmolested. Besides, it appeared I would have to make some changes to the seat or track to make the stock tracks work. You are welcome to stop by and take a look at what I did if you think it will help you make up your mind.
Mike

The stock '79 seat tracks fit the C6 seats with a small adapter bracket, I just test fitted the driver side seat today.

The C6 tracks and motors are heavier than the seat itself... :eek::smash::smash:

I'll post some more details of the adapter once it's finished.

2149e9067bb2b10.jpg

2149e9067c5fac2.jpg

I'm speechless!!! Those C6 seats look GREAT in that car!!!! Makes me wanna.......................GO BUY SOME FOR MINE!!!:thumbs:

How's the height? Do you have enough head room?

I tried this with power seats from an 81 about 2 yrs ago and had the same head room problems that most others encounter.

I modified the stock '79 tracks and test fitted it for the first time last night - don't like it, it's too tall.... 1 1/2" makes a huge difference. I'll bolt them right to the floor pan.

If they don't sell I'll keep the 2005 C6 tracks and motor/pump setup and maybe in a year or two I'll cut the floorpan and lower the floor. Would be nice to have fully adjustable seats with lumbar support....

I modified the stock '79 tracks and test fitted it for the first time last night - don't like it, it's too tall.... 1 1/2" makes a huge difference. I'll bolt them right to the floor pan.

If they don't sell I'll keep the 2005 C6 tracks and motor/pump setup and maybe in a year or two I'll cut the floorpan and lower the floor. Would be nice to have fully adjustable seats with lumbar support....

I agree, I love my C3 but I don't care for the seats.