Pic request, Flare type, mudflap and non mudflap.

jotto

Hey guys,

Am putting together a shopping list for my new project soon to be here.

I want to put flares on her but am unsure of which way to go. I have learnt that there are at least 3 types, ie mudflap and no mudlflap, not sure of the third!

Am looking for pics of installed flares please.

Ideally Im looking for flares that look as if they have been bolted/screwed on rather than glassed in. I think, something similar to Panic's Vette but could well be swayed.

This is what Im talking about....
17-abr-08081.jpg

They will be installed on to a 79 and I am hoping to put a high tail rear on with a spoiler on the front that has been moulded in to the front flares....
Kinda like this chop...
yellowa.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

I see we are accumulating several parallel running projects around the world, sun never sets on modding vettes....

:shocking::beer:

I see we are accumulating several parallel running projects around the world, sun never sets on modding vettes....

Thanks for the welcome! I see you to are a fan of Panic's car!

Thanks for the welcome! I see you to are a fan of Panic's car!

Yes I am, nice work there, I should have made some different decisions on mine a while ago, but to weed out the problems now....:flash: I"m retarred so I can get to it whenever, maybe tomorrow,...:friends: maybe not...:crutches:

The L88 style flares are 4" wide and you'll need wide rims and expensive rubber to fill those flares, think 13x18" with 335-35-18 is one of the common sizes used to fill those huge flares... looks awesome if you don't mind the cash for the wheels...
I used 2" wide flares for that very reason but the company that made these burnt down... (Vanacor).... so now I cannot get matching front flares so now I am considering 4" L88 style once again.....

Welcome to the madness..... :hi:

This is a 10" rim with 325-50-15 tires under 2" mudflap style flares:

214a5b44959c605.jpg
2" non-mudflap style flares with stock aluminum and 2" spacers, 295-50-15 tires:
214968ea6d225b5.jpg

Last edited:
This is the factory L-88 Flare:
23481be55ba10f9.jpg
This is with a LR60x15 tire on the Stock 15x8 Rally
234a651554dc987.jpg

Last edited:
Tim, Karsten, you seen my car, what in hell flares are on it??

or a modified flare as the seller to me said??

just for the knowing...

:stirpot:

Here are mine. I added 1" to the width of the flare. The tires are 325/50/15 drag radials on 10" x 15" American Racing Torq Thrust D's with 1" adapters.

DSC08498.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
There are no L88 mudflap flares, it's either L88 style (4" wide, no mudflap) or "mudflap style", (2" wide with mudflaps) ....

the "no mudflap" or L88 style curves differently and shows more tire.

Vanacor makes a 2" wide "no mudflap" flare for those of us who don't like mudflaps but also don't want to spend $4000 for a set of wheels to fill the 4" wide flares...

Welcome, unfortunately Dave won't be able to answer your question. Sadly he passed away last year.