Powder coated my carb

...if you are pc the whole cover except for the fins,i think you would be fine,but the clear will keep the fin's looking nice forever.
I agree with Kev, Herb. Or, do the fins first with a "chrome" colour (looks more like aluminium anyway) then mask them up and shoot the black.

My valve covers are aluminium but I shot them completely with chrome first, then shot the mirror black in between the fins...
valvecovers14.jpg

...if you are pc the whole cover except for the fins,i think you would be fine,but the clear will keep the fin's looking nice forever.
I agree with Kev, Herb. Or, do the fins first with a "chrome" colour (looks more like aluminium anyway) then mask them up and shoot the black.

My valve covers are aluminium but I shot them completely with chrome first, then shot the mirror black in between the fins...
valvecovers14.jpg

Can't argue with that,Wayne did a nice frigg'n job on those VC's.:cool:

Thanks mate. They are Cal Customs that looked like crap when I got hold of them. Had to modify the right hand one so I could put the crossed flag logo and make it look similar to OEM.

Here is a couple pic's of my hood strut rod.If you pc it i would suggest to have it stretched out as much as possble,or you will have a area that has no pc on it like mine,look hard you will see it.

100_0745.jpg
100_0746.jpg

Yeah mine was in pretty sad shape also,but nothing a trip through the blast cabinet and a little pc could not take care of :amazed: