GOD is punishing me!! my ebay rant

redvetracr

first I list an emergency brake console for a 69, guy asks "is it original?" I answer "I don`t know" same guy asks "does it have a part number inside?" I answer "not that I can see" he bids (too much) wins and buys...then says "it`s not original I want a refund" when did I become Walmart? screw him if he doesn`t know what he is doing besides the fact factory parts are yellowish on the inside and mine is shown as black on the inside, end result I get a negative feed back and a neutral for the other part he bought as broken and shown as broken... I even sent this guy a $15 check for the shipping overcharge (bad guy that I am), I fixed him though, I went to the bank and stopped payment on that $15 check, it cost $25 but I made my point....OH but it gets better, I list the radio side plates (one with a broken corner) and the bottom trim off the steering column, I learned my lesson so these parts were listed as 40 years old and being sold as-is because of a broken corner, you can also see the corner is gone in the ebay pics, I also say "might have broken corner" as in I might have the broken piece...Idiot #2 bids and wins, again sends too much money so I pack it up and ship it off with a $5 bill inside...guess what another negative, this clown didn`t even ask to return the parts....looking at the broken part and reading the description saying "broken corner" he thought maybe it was broken NOT It`s broken and I have the piece.....end result another negative.....so for a $70 console and $15 worth of interior trim parts my once great ebay feedback went to shit.....thank you very much! I`m sorry to say but dealing with Corvette people has gotten to be a pain in the ass.....and to top it all the car and parts aren`t really even mine.
redvetracr...rant temporarily over.

I have about had it with e-bay also,twice last week i bid on 2 diffrent parts the only bidder untill the last 10 min's then somebody comes in and out bids me,then this week i see the same 2 parts re-listed :cussing: i think the owner was trying to run up his price,but i don't play those games.

I have about had it with e-bay also,twice last week i bid on 2 diffrent parts the only bidder untill the last 10 min's then somebody comes in and out bids me,then this week i see the same 2 parts re-listed :cussing: i think the owner was trying to run up his price,but i don't play those games.

Happened to me a couple of times...and then you get an email from Ebay saying similar items are listed....only to find out it's the same parts......scam!

people suck.... I once sold a Mini Disc radio on Ebay and the buyer complained it was a European model.... the manual was in English, French, Spanish, German and some other East European languages.... I asked him what he thinks the difference between European and American 12V is... radio worked fine so wtf ???

I use ebay quite a bit mostly to buy stuff but occasionaly do sell a few things. So far i have had good luck with it 100% posative rating. I have yet to get that bad of a deal that i have left a negative rating for someone. Basically i try to be fair and honest with the people im dealing with and it at least hasnt done me wrong yet. I hate hearing about stuff like this and i believe it is the few bad ones that give ebay a bad name. Have you tried contacting ebays resolution center about the negative feedback? Considering you have fairly and accurately described your parts and held up your part of the deal it seems ebay might be able to somehow make this right to you. Dont forget you are an ebay customer as well as the buyer. It is in ebays best interests to have both parites involved leave the transaction happy campers.

I use ebay quite a bit mostly to buy stuff but occasionaly do sell a few things. So far i have had good luck with it 100% posative rating. I have yet to get that bad of a deal that i have left a negative rating for someone. Basically i try to be fair and honest with the people im dealing with and it at least hasnt done me wrong yet. I hate hearing about stuff like this and i believe it is the few bad ones that give ebay a bad name. Have you tried contacting ebays resolution center about the negative feedback? Considering you have fairly and accurately described your parts and held up your part of the deal it seems ebay might be able to somehow make this right to you. Dont forget you are an ebay customer as well as the buyer. It is in ebays best interests to have both parites involved leave the transaction happy campers.

I complained but really don`t much care, ebay is interested in one thing and one thing only...fees

shill bidding has gotten real bad since the bidder identities are hidden for auctions over a certain amount of $$$$. You'll see 5***3(0) and a****p(1) running up the price for example. How UNCOOL!!! Then some dude called 7****a(-1) wins the auction and the seller sends you a second chance offer...

Why bother with the auctions ? I haven't sold anything in a while but bought a lot, all of the items I bought were 'buy it now'. I've contacted a few sellers and asked them to add a 'buy it now' to the auction so I could buy it. Ebay is nothing but a nationwide advertizing platform, just like Amazon or Bizrate...

Why bother with the auctions ? I haven't sold anything in a while but bought a lot, all of the items I bought were 'buy it now'. I've contacted a few sellers and asked them to add a 'buy it now' to the auction so I could buy it. Ebay is nothing but a nationwide advertizing platform, just like Amazon or Bizrate...

I can`t complain about buying, if something I`m watching gets "stupid" I just shake my head, I ask all the time if a seller has a "buy it now price" most want the auction to run to the end and only rarely does someone end an auction early...it`s the selling to idiots who either can`t see a broken part listed as broken with a clearly broken part in the picture or can`t read the description thats says BROKEN or the one fool who asked if a part was original and if it had a part number....I said "I don`t know and I don`t see one"...he bid and won anyway....THEN wanted to return the part, these are the idiots I can`t deal with...buying three interior pieces for $15 then giving me a negative because one has a broken corner, clearly shown and listed as broken in the pics and description........Interesting enough these were both buyers who sent too much money and both got a refund.....without even asking for a refund.....sad to say but any idiot can buy a cheap POS Corvette which I suppose instantly makes them not only a Corvette expert but a Corvette restorer.......

I have some good success buying stuff from eBay as I collect books as well as looking for parts for the Vette. However, I'm stunned and amazed at the prices will people will pay for something. You see something 2nd hand and you end up with two morons bidding like their lives depended on it and the "lucky" winner could have bought the damn thing new for less! I use EZsniper a lot too, which has come in handy a few times...