Mallory Marine Dizzys

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Anybody know the cheapest on line place to buy Mallory Marine? :sweat:

Bird, what exactly are you looking for? I have a friend that owns Competition Marine Cntr. here in town. He will have a source and maybe even a used part??

Bullshark

BTW, I have an old (but new/unused) Mallory dual point tach drive dizzy in the garage. It's supposed to warm up this week so I may venture out there. :lol:

Bird, what exactly are you looking for? I have a friend that owns Competition Marine Cntr. here in town. He will have a source and maybe even a used part??

Bullshark

BTW, I have an old (but new/unused) Mallory dual point tach drive dizzy in the garage. It's supposed to warm up this week so I may venture out there. :lol:

Well, I need an CCW advance unit for an old YL tach drive points type dizzy, or I need two new units.
YLM623AV, and a YLM623BV. It's for an old boat with counter rotating 327 chevys.
He burned up the CCW engine. Turns out BOTH dizzys were CW, so no advance on the CCW engine.:bonkers:
The AV CW unit is $329.00 at Summit. The BV CCW unit is special order.

Sorry Bob, never mind. The guy just called me. Turns out the cam is gear driven by an idler. The crank turns CCW, but the cam turns CW, and the firing order is reversed,. SO, the advance is correct. KIll me. Boats suck.:mobeer:

OT, but kind of a funny story. Back in the 80's my parents bought a 28' Bayliner with twin screws. When we launched the boat, brand new, my dad was having a hard time getting it off the trailer. Every time he went to back out, it kept riding back up on the trailer. Took him a couple minutes until he realized they put the screws on the wrong outdrive so forward was back and back was forward. So the next step was him and the salesman standing in 4 foot of water while my mom and I tried to keep the boat steady as they switched props around.
[/hijack]

OT, but kind of a funny story. Back in the 80's my parents bought a 28' Bayliner with twin screws. When we launched the boat, brand new, my dad was having a hard time getting it off the trailer. Every time he went to back out, it kept riding back up on the trailer. Took him a couple minutes until he realized they put the screws on the wrong outdrive so forward was back and back was forward. So the next step was him and the salesman standing in 4 foot of water while my mom and I tried to keep the boat steady as they switched props around.
[/hijack]

My buddy had a 28' Christ Craft, fixed shaft, but same arrangement...

hard to recollect what was what on that counter rotating engine been a decade now....

I understand the moder approach is to use similar ratio trannies, so one is in reverse all the time, actually, the other is in forward...and leave the engines alone.....:D