Car in for minor surgery

Corvettes White

Last Bird Run gave the'89 a good shake down. In the shop today for a new water pump, clutch slave cylinder and starter. Considering the car is over 21 years old, it is allowed a little sip from time to time.

Looking forward to the next time.

George

i have not touched my vette since we got home from the trip. I did check the oil level and its still full :nuts: thats good news. i need to clean it up.

Last drive in the 77 it lost the alternator. That's what you get for buying high end stuff, a powermaster 8162 alternator. Lost the diode trio, what a piece of junk!

Last drive in the 77 it lost the alternator. That's what you get for buying high end stuff, a powermaster 8162 alternator. Lost the diode trio, what a piece of junk!

*snicker* you used the words "high end" and "powermaster" in the same sentence.... everyone who's ever used that stuff knows that those terms are polar opposites. :club:

It is the only small body alternator available with heat dissipating coating and bearings rated for extended high rpm use (severely overdriven alternator) but since you are the athoratay on this stuff, would you tell me what alternator I should buy that supports very high rpms? You must be an authority on everything in every of your comments on my post you make me look like an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. If you have a problem with me, say so...I will make sure the problem ends right here right now! I'm willing to bet I built more high end stuff than you can ever dream up. Right now building a 495 LSX tall deck w/ modified LS7 heads and .670 lift HR custom cam, 2.25" stepped headers and so on that should make close to 800 crank HP N/A all by myself, I don't have a shop around the corner I can order stuff from.

I dunno guys, I just go down the road about 3 miles and let the small Alternator shop deal with it, he got everything in site...much cheaper than the parts house exchange....he is a hotrodder, and speaks electronics....

guess I lucked out....

:drink::gurney:

Marck, a triple alternator setup that is double underdriven and incorrectly clocked would be the solution to all your issues.

:lol: