No wonder I'm not getting anything done on my car.....

00fxd

Gonna be 37deg celsius tomorrow. Again. Thats 97 deg Fahrenheit. The evenings cool off to 25c [77f]. Too ef'n hot to work out there. Not even a little bit interested...........

I NEVER complain about the heat. If never saw another snowflake in my life that would be just fine. We have short winters and not too cold here. It's just too hot to work out there.....

Gonna be 37deg celsius tomorrow. Again. Thats 97 deg Fahrenheit. The evenings cool off to 25c [77f]. Too ef'n hot to work out there. Not even a little bit interested...........

Eh, guess what it is in FLORIDA the SUNshine state.....

:crap: I played in the garage all day, no a/c either.....:stirpot:

you're whining and it's not double digits? please! it's been in the 100-teens here frequently in the last 3-4 weeks.
but it's getting better, we're only supposed to be around 106-107 next week.

you're whining and it's not double digits? please! it's been in the 100-teens here frequently in the last 3-4 weeks.
but it's getting better, we're only supposed to be around 106-107 next week.

But it's a dry heat.....................

:nuts::nuts:

That's normal for me. Pretty much from June to October it'll be 90 or hotter.

It has only snowed once since i moved hee in 95 though :shocking:

I must say though, I can only work on the car in the evening.

hell, i'm sure saudi can relate, but it doesn't even drop under 100* here until after 10 or 11 at night during the summer.

I guess I have to say it again......... I'm definately NOT whineing. I'm just sayin'. It's too hot to for me work in my shop.

hell, i'm sure saudi can relate, but it doesn't even drop under 100* here until after 10 or 11 at night during the summer.

Too true. It's funny what we get acclimatized too though. We'll all be sitting around having a bbq commenting on how it's quite nice now that the temp's dropped to below 40*C (around 100*F) :lol:

I guess I have to say it again......... I'm definately NOT whineing. I'm just sayin'. It's too hot to for me work in my shop.
I bought one of those fans that you plug a garden hose into. There's a half dozen atomizer nozzles on the front case so the water comes out in a fine mist and the fan pushes it around and cools everything just nicely. Mind you, when its's 80% humidity, it doesn't do much at all. It might work for you though...

Too true. It's funny what we get acclimatized too though. We'll all be sitting around having a bbq commenting on how it's quite nice now that the temp's dropped to below 40*C (around 100*F) :lol:

I bought one of those fans that you plug a garden hose into. There's a half dozen atomizer nozzles on the front case so the water comes out in a fine mist and the fan pushes it around and cools everything just nicely. Mind you, when its's 80% humidity, it doesn't do much at all. It might work for you though...

Yeh, in the South and especially SW regions, they known as swamp coolers, blowing air over water/lines for cooling/evaporative affect...Wife and I never dealt with one though...just heard of them...sounds like a variation of same thing...:cool:

Humm I have a fan but water hose wont plug into it, but we just installed an inground pool. (no wonder I 'm not getting anything done on the vette too I guess huh? Spending the $$$ on a pool)

I made a deal, we install a pool and the engine get ot the engine shop.

Up to now, the pool is nice and it's doin the job just fine.

And the 454 is being rebuilted.
:devil:

Humm I have a fan but water hose wont plug into it, but we just installed an inground pool. (no wonder I 'm not getting anything done on the vette too I guess huh? Spending the $$$ on a pool)

I made a deal, we install a pool and the engine get ot the engine shop.

Up to now, the pool is nice and it's doin the job just fine.

And the 454 is being rebuilted.
:devil:

UHH, methinks the short one with the higher voice got the better/more expensive end of THAT deal....:eek::smash:

[/quote]
I bought one of those fans that you plug a garden hose into. There's a half dozen atomizer nozzles on the front case so the water comes out in a fine mist and the fan pushes it around and cools everything just nicely. Mind you, when its's 80% humidity, it doesn't do much at all. It might work for you though...[/QUOTE]

Saudi, That sounds like a great idea great idea - never seen one. The humidity has been on the unusually high side for the past while - part of the problem.

They will use those large misting "tents" here when they have a large outdoor festival and the weather is above 90. They are nice to stroll through and cool off when it's hot....but after 10 minutes, you're just baking again.

Played a round of golf in Pheonix in Aug. a few years back. Teed off at 9....it was freekin hot. Well over 100 by 10:00am........the course had a guy driving around in a golf cart that had a large icewater cooler built in. He had large towls that he gave out. You would soak the towels in the icewater and drape the towel over your head for a while. I couldn't wait to get off that friggen course...towel head and all!

the evap things don't work so well if you're in a high humidity area, like the "deep south". you really have to have pretty dry air for them to work well. many people out here run them for their garages and shops. it makes it tolerable, for work and such.
years ago, people used to use those as their primary cooling systems out here. don't know how they survived, but then again, they didn't have quite the "urban island" effect we experience now.

clutchdust I know what you are saying. In 1970/71 in henderson all we had was a swamp cooler could not afford a real a/c system. With the swamp cooler the humidity was always with you, but in the summer it was so hot we did not care.
Just drank more beer. And waited for evening. So we could get out and ride.