anyone want to help me with my presentation?

turtlevette

The Turdle
I bet even the doc can't even figure this one out.

IyA6NUc-sJli27tTtG+83vuU5vwZvgcU02D0.jpg

:confused:I don't even recognize half the symbols....what are the red and green squares, and what are you trying to show??, seems all the symbols are a changing to do with computer useage these days, I"d imagine...not familiar with lots of it....

:confused2:

:confused:I don't even recognize half the symbols....what are the red and green squares, and what are you trying to show??, seems all the symbols are a changing to do with computer useage these days, I"d imagine...not familiar with lots of it....

:confused2:

the squares are circuit breakers. Red for closed green for open. Its a fault model of a generator connected to a transmission system.

You have a source impedance for the generator and a source impedance for the system at each end. The line impedance is in the middle. The model will predict how much current will flow into a fault (short circuit). You have a positive sequence, negative sequence and zero sequence network that connect differently depending on if the fault is a 3 phase, phase to phase, phase to phase to ground or phase to ground.

the squares are circuit breakers. Red for closed green for open. Its a fault model of a generator connected to a transmission system.

You have a source impedance for the generator and a source impedance for the system at each end. The line impedance is in the middle. The model will predict how much current will flow into a fault (short circuit). You have a positive sequence, negative sequence and zero sequence network that connect differently depending on if the fault is a 3 phase, phase to phase, phase to phase to ground or phase to ground.

OK....How does this make my 'Vette go faster, stop shorter or look better?:confused:

so it's a fancy fuse..wooptiedoo ;) :D LOL

Zero sequence coupling is used for ground fault detection in large switchgear.
The importance of quick automatic fault detection in power ditribution prevents damage to spendy equipment and the grid. Fuse my butt.

Zero sequence coupling is used for ground fault detection in large switchgear.
The importance of quick automatic fault detection in power ditribution prevents damage to spendy equipment and the grid. Fuse my butt.

Weird sparkies & their lingo :amused:

Hey guys, Don't let Turtle blow smoke up your azz. He's busy trying to analyze his fault tolerant system design, that blacked out southern Florida last month. :p

:D

Hey guys, Don't let Turtle blow smoke up your azz. He's busy trying to analyze his fault tolerant system design, that blacked out southern Florida last month. :p

:D

I KNEW it was him. I just KNEW it.
How was your conference Jim? Boring as hell?:3rd:

:idea:park it under a 500 kv bus and i'll show you.
:shocking::shocking::shocking:OH it will go FAST allright....

VERY FAST, up in smoke that is.....500 kv eh..?? maybe through AZ, NM etc....do that in a rainstorm and i'ts instant smoke fucking line insulators the size of my house.....

you would have enjoyed the lightening room at Harry Diamond Labs in Wash DC some decades ago, it was neat....

:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking:

Weird sparkies & their lingo :amused:
With you on that one bro :eek:
Turtle might have written this:

But for all the sense it made to me, it may as well have been something like this:
You have a bla bla gibberish wank fuckityfuck bollocks thingo at each end. The line lalalalalalalala scoomer hoopty whatsit is in the middle. The model will predict how much ouch factor will flow into my hands when I foolishly think I can fix something electrical (short circuit). You have a whoop whoop, ding ding and zero clang clang network that connect differently depending on if the yada yada yada, dribble, yawn, spank, put my undies on my head to ground.

With you on that one bro :eek:
Turtle might have written this:

But for all the sense it made to me, it may as well have been something like this:

I hate to sound stupid or something but I understood everything Jim said, once the symbols were esplained....I know what source/load/line impedances are.....one, two, three phase also.....

as does any decent electronics guy, really.....

i'ts just that when you deal with POWER plants putting out 1300 MEGA WATTS of power....off ONE turbine/alternator setup, and you see BOLTS the size of TWO of my work trucks, and you see WIRE some 3' in diameter/whatever coming off that alternator,

THAT is nervous energy.....SEE the sheer size of the generating platform, feel the thing shake like a stage dancer under full tilt....see the long line of multi state turbine shaft....sitting on gigantic tree trunk size oak blocks with rubber under it....so it don't rotate in the BREEZE (Port St. Lucy, Florida).....

I think it's neat as shit watching the phase meter as the thing come on line....and have total respect for them old guys who did that shit MANUALLY....

did yo know that 25 years ago, there was some olde tymey EDISON installed electrical gear at the FEDERAL RESERVE on Maiden Lane in Manhattan.....
it was 110v DC power for some gear they STILL RAN, in the early/mid 80's....EDISON as you know (CONN ED) ran DC power for starters, he lost the arguement to AC currents and of course that upstart company we know as GE ran with the ball.....

TOLD you all I was NUTX.....:1st::noob::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::gurney: