old racer for sale

No title, no engine.... but I agree, some nice parts... I'd like to see more pics of the exhaust system - I assume the pipes run thru the firewall and then exit on the passenger side ??

Yes, they exit out the door...that blue german vette from thunder-racing.de had it just like that. It's for ground clearance reasons and you can run a floor pan and have a clean underside with clean airflow.

This one has it too:

2492dd47f7af2c.jpg

Interesting car but what would you do with it? I don`t think it`s going to run with the rest of the Corvettes/Camaros/Mustangs in vintage, it would be outclassed in SCCA GT-1...track days is about all....that said, I think it`s a buy "if" it sells in the $3K range....

I agree it's a nice toy for under $5000 (if it sells for less than $5000).... but with the economy as it is right now is not a good time to sell a toy... and without a title it's no more than a toy....that said... it's a good time to buy... :3rd:

I agree it's a nice toy for under $5000 (if it sells for less than $5000).... but with the economy as it is right now is not a good time to sell a toy... and without a title it's no more than a toy....that said... it's a good time to buy... :3rd:

most race cars don`t have titles...

Last time I saw that car was at VIR, best I can remember. It ran regional in the SE. I'd like to cannibalize it.

Will be interesting to see what it brings.

Howard's right, C3's have no classes to run in with the SCCA, other than GT1 or SPO.. competing against 150k to 200k plus, cars. Like a Guppy swimming with sharks. I still can't understand how MG's, Triumph's, Volvo's, Alfa's, TVR's, Mini's and other lower production import cars can still have a production class to compete in, and even have national races, but, no production class for the C3 corvette. Production classes have to use the factory frame and suspension mounting points.

Last edited:
Last time I saw that car was at VIR, best I can remember. It ran regional in the SE. I'd like to cannibalize it.

Howard's right, C3's have no classes to run in with the SCCA, other than GT1 or SPO.. competing against 150k to 200k plus, cars. Like a Guppy swimming with sharks. I still can't understand how MG's, Triumph's, Volvo's, Alfa's, TVR's, Mini's and other lower production import cars can still have a production class to compete in, and even have national races, but, no production class for the C3 corvette. Production classes have to use the factory frame and suspension mounting points.

I can, i'ts poly ticks of course, they want to promote foreign car racing and see no need to help the domestic industry....the sanctioning bodies are run by foreign car interests...always have been, which is one reason I don't take much interest in SCCA racing.....then NASCAR sticks restrictor plates on engines, then they go tube frames, then they effectively outlawed the HEMI, then I lost any interest there, then NHRA went to bracket/brakelight racing so my class competitive car was no longer worth competing with, back when guys were winning with the TOW cars and leaving the race cars on the trailers that first year after the betrayal.....

So I left the tracks basically forever.....been doing my own thing my own way with no 'sanctioning body' looking over my shoulder......

:1st:

I can, i'ts poly ticks of course, they want to promote foreign car racing and see no need to help the domestic industry....the sanctioning bodies are run by foreign car interests...always have been, which is one reason I don't take much interest in SCCA racing.....then NASCAR sticks restrictor plates on engines, then they go tube frames, then they effectively outlawed the HEMI, then I lost any interest there, then NHRA went to bracket/brakelight racing so my class competitive car was no longer worth competing with, back when guys were winning with the TOW cars and leaving the race cars on the trailers that first year after the betrayal.....

So I left the tracks basically forever.....been doing my own thing my own way with no 'sanctioning body' looking over my shoulder......

Yea,, You can find me re-restoring my 1960's Lone Star Cabin Cruiser this year. Then I'm heading to Jax by the ICW and do the St Johns River, if gas prices stay down,,,lol thats a pipe dream... Just call me Nobeard the Pirate.

Last edited:

Yea,, You can find me re-restoring my 1960's Lone Star Cabin Cruiser this year. Then I'm heading to Jax by the ICW and do the St Johns River, if gas prices stay down,,,lol thats a pipe dream... Just call me Nobeard the Pirate.

DAMN DUDE, make it a hell of a party, stay at the hippy dippy boat dock up stream a ways in Green Cove Springs.....I live about 3 miles off the St. Johns river, the bridge I love to do 150mph on with the top/windows down is 3.5 miles long going over the St. Johns river.....part of I295 loop around town....

Got some friends up on the Mayport side of town, launch at the base with a 22' Chaparral 350 chebby power Merc I/O....

Be fun, tossing a few beers back and talking shop....

:sos::crutches: