(VID) of the car on dyno Sunday.

SCCA VETTE

We had tour of a shop in Noblesville Sunday and a couple dyno pulls.
[ame]http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/KustomDeZigns/?action=view&current=MOV04153.flv[/ame]

Well, what were the results?
They were close to what I was thinking they should be. It was 237HP 337TQ @5200 RPM. We built the motor for 300 / 350 and I think once we do a little tuning and put the timing back up (retarded 6 deg when ran on dyno) it should be pretty close.

Why did you run it retarded on the dyno? No time to loosen up the dizzy and dial in some more?

Why did you run it retarded on the dyno? No time to loosen up the dizzy and dial in some more?

I am having a issue with the timing. It looks like the timing marks are off (new cover and pointer) or the balancer ring has moved. With the heads on it I am right around 10.7 (give or take.2) on the compression. Comp Cams advised to run the timing at 12 deg base and 35 total (computer controls total). If I set it at 12 according to the pointer it is really slugish on the bottom end. If I go just past the pointer (around 14 deg according to the pointer) it really comes to life.

Here is the problem!
1. If the timing is correct according to the mark then I should be getting knock at anything over 12 with the compression I have and 92 octane. Car is LOUD and would not hear it if I did.
2. If the balancer is spun OR the pointer is not correct then I have NO idea where the timing is set.

The shop was nice enough to open its doors for a tour, food and dyno demo. The dynoed one of their cars (C6 547HP with STS turbo kit) and then ran 1 from the club witch was me because nobody else wanted to. Right before we pulled it on the dyno I cranked some timing out of it just to be safe. When I got home i put the light on it and according to the tab I had backed it down 6 deg from where it was. They were VERY nice people and I was not going to ask them to do more than what they had already offered. He was willing to run it again if I wanted to crank some timing back in it BUT I was not going to push my luck.

It has gave me a base to start with and I will work from that and take it back in a few months to see what we come up with.