Ohlins MCJ Coilovers

84rzv500r

Knows just enough to be dangerous!
Any one had experience with Ohlins MCJ coilovers?

I need to call to see if they have springs and damping to deal with 3200 lb cars...

:bounce:

I tried to do a search on them and couldn't find much info on them. Maybe some of the guys from Europe might have more info.

I wouldn't mind upgrading my bike to Ohlins at some point for the ability to better tune it for track days.

Ohlins shocks used to be the best you can buy for motorbikes (early 90's), I didn't know they make shocks for cars too....

My bike has a Custom Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins Steering damper, and Ohlins/Racetech internals in the forks.

Good Stuff... Penske makes good stuff too...

NOT Cheap.

Stock car shocks yes... What was an old style Nascar 3600 lbs or so... every once in a while they turn right :banghead:

Just looking at the front end. I have tubulars for the lower control arms and they are stout enough to put coil overs on...

Why not go with something more readily available over there? Sure Ohlins are nice, but you'll probably be paying through the nose for a set. Might as well start off with some pro shocks or something like that, and see how it goes. You could upgrade at any time later on.

Ohlins are no issue here...

Remember the Motto:

"If to much is not enough then WAY to much is just right"

I get your point...

I need to finish the lower control arms/sway bar/coil overs; Drive shaft loop (needs to be finish welded); traction bars and I'm finished underneath and I can move on...

On a positive note I now have access to a lift :yahoo::yahoo:

A lift will make it all so much easier. I can't even imagine working with a creeper and jackstands

A lift will make it all so much easier. I can't even imagine working with a creeper and jackstands

Yeh, I hear you, but in ALL my 50 years of working on cars, I have used maybe TWO lifts that I could walk under comfy without having to duck my head or bend over uncomfy and get my damn back all twisted up....PIA being too damn tall sometimes....6'5"....

I would LOVE to mod the house and get a lift in there but that wold mean the roofline would change....too much bux....

I don't even OWN a creeper anymore....not for many years....I find a blanket under there or some bowling alley black rubber matting I can slide in and out on it so quick and have the extra 4-5" of ground clearance.....

course being skinney helps too, guys like TT there has no sweat just picking up the car and getting under it....

:twitch::smash: