If it's not one thing...

Jsup

So I go to change my trans filter. BLACK.

Fortunately I purchased from Performabuilt, the warranty is a year. I spoke to them, they said NO PROBLEM so they are taking care of it. But now I have to take the whole dam thing apart. They will fix it in 3 days.

What a bitch...

SHIT, PIA all the way, sorry to hear that man....

what was the fluid? black/really dark also?? if so 3/4 clutch gone, I bet....

TimAT is your guy in the know on that stuff....:gurney:

I know how you feel, truck lost 2nd gear last year, pulled filter and it was full of clutch material, all clogged up. So bad that the pump whined from cavitation with cold starts. 2nd gear still kaput LOL and 0 warranty

This fkn car is out to get me. NOW it won't start.

MOTHER %*#&$*%.

Just when I thought I could enjoy it a bit this summer.

Seems like a bit of an ignition problem. But lost my job on Monday so now I have to figure out how to do this cheap.

F-ME!

here is a little stroy....

I have been building cars since I was 16 years old. You occasionally run into that car that just wont quit giving you trouble....... Here is what I had and what I did.

It was a 91 Corvette, I customized everything... 434 small block stroker, 11 to 1 compression, aluminum brodix cnc heads, eldebrock victor jr intake, demon carb, 200 shot of nitrous,
T56 6 speed swap, 375 gears. Forced air induction. Aftermarket gauges, steering wheel. Custom dual exhaust with flowmasters 40 series. Chrome everything on the engine, pulleys, alternator, brackets. etc. Aftermarket wiring harness kit.

It was just always something with that damn car.....no matter if I fixed one thing....... something else happened.

So, I grabbed a sawzall and cut the enitre car up in pieces and parted everything I could out on ebay. Neighbors were stunned, but enough was enough and I didnt want to see anyone else with this car. You would be surprised on how good a sawzall cuts through the frame. Took my money and bought a different corvette. thum_11074a54a9de46592.jpgthum_11074a54a9fa43fc7.jpg

Dont give up like I did!!! But I do not regret doing it....that car drove me crazy! I will keep you in my prayers. lolthum_11074a54aac469251.jpg

Last edited:
fix all the problems

Might not have fixed all the problems with the car, but.....
I had no more aggravation. I had no more worries. I spent no more money. I actually made some good $$$ and moved on.

Building or customizing a car is supposed to be fun, relaxing and make you feel good about what is happening. When it becomes a CONSTANT hassle amd bleeds your pockets down to the lining, its just not worth it.

LIke I said, I have absolutely no regrets over it at all. I cant even think of one, sitting here typing.

Might not have fixed all the problems with the car, but.....
I had no more aggravation. I had no more worries. I spent no more money. I actually made some good $$$ and moved on.

Building or customizing a car is supposed to be fun, relaxing and make you feel good about what is happening. When it becomes a CONSTANT hassle amd bleeds your pockets down to the lining, its just not worth it.

LIke I said, I have absolutely no regrets over it at all. I cant even think of one, sitting here typing.

I sold a car and bought this '72, for just that sort of reason, olde tyme enough I could make it MY way.....fuck the damn .gov.....Nader/Claybrook et al....

:crap: