Substitute for GM additive

All I have ever used is the Valvoline with additive in it....been fine for years...

but this brings up a interesting topic.....as we know diffy's run hot, especially at speed, wether posi or not....so do trannies....

so many years ago, having just gotten this '72 with the Muncie still in it, I drained the fluid on account of hard/notchy shifting...decided to try 30w synthetic engine oil, worked fine for 2 years, ran up and down the freeways plenty of times including a trip to Florida,...no operational issues, just greatly improved the shifting, ....

I HEARD the tranny also operated cooler too, not that I know, never checked....

so the thought keeps recurring like when this topic comes up, to add 30w synthetic engine oil and some additive to the diffy, and see if it runs cooler....

I would think that less energy spent whipping up all that heavy oil would be better on heat and economy.....anyone ever tried it???

:hissyfit:

I tried Kendals additive and another other oil companys also for awhile but went back to the GM. The GM has very little odor but the other brands smelled really bad.