Narrowing framerail behind T/A bolt holes?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
The progress on the front of the frame is going well, but I got to thinking about the next bit of work "while I'm at it". There's a bulge in the frame at the start of the kickup area behind the trailing arm bolt holes. I'm tempted to cut into that and narrow that area a bit. Will this allow me to tuck the tire in a bit further, or are there other issues that override this? I don't have the C3 trailing arm issue to deal with anymore with the C4 suspension, so the bulge isn't needed for that.
Any opinions?

thanks,
Mike

Headed tomorrow to Ireland and Germany for a couple weeks. If I had the time, I'd make an impromtu visit to TT's neck of the woods.

Since you won't be needing that hole, box it up and narrow the frame, no problem. The greenwood guys would notch the hell out of that section right there:

Chassis3rearAarm.jpg

Where in Germany are you going?

Since you won't be needing that hole, box it up and narrow the frame, no problem. The greenwood guys would notch the hell out of that section right there:

Where in Germany are you going?

Frankfurt and Cologne area. (I'm currently in Ireland using the hotel computer, helping Guiness meet their 2008 profit target.) Museums and boat cruise on the Rhine. And, if the weather cooperates, a toll road outside Nurburg. ;)

Last edited:
I am having the same concern with my car. I would like to get the wheels inboard a little more, but not sure how to modify. I have seen the Greenwood modification and might to something to that effect, just not as extreme.

Right now I have just ground the "extra" bracing where I am rubbing and will monitor it until this winter. I just want to get the thing on the road.:D

4294872d75277b33.jpg