Bonne fete aux francais.

Merci Michel, merci JPhil
Vive la France!:wink:

I actually almost forgot about this.
I'm not a celebrationist, especially for a country I pretty much ran away from.
I'll have a thought for my friends still there, it's not that rosy these time for most I know, hard times in Europe.

I'll have a thought for my friends still there, it's not that rosy these time for most I know, hard times in Europe.

So u running up the white flag????

:lol: sorry man, just could not resist......:devil::stirpot:

So u running up the white flag????

:lol: sorry man, just could not resist......:devil::stirpot:

lol. Sacré Gene :amazed:

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternate!

Bastille Day 1999 - near turn of the century.
We and about 10 other "foreign" cruising couples/families were feted by the Provincial Governor at his "quarters" in Tahiti. It was a real anachronistic step back into time, even then. Ladies in White Gowns, servants passing food and drink on silver trays - and we ragamuffins in our "sunday best" sandals and shorts - but we did wear a tie! A real snapshot of colonialism in the (then) 20th Century. Can't even begin to imagine what it would be like now.

Celebrate Liberty!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson; the reluctant Minister/Ambasador to France during the French Revolution.

Cheers - Jim:friends:

We and about 10 other "foreign" cruising couples/families were feted by the Provincial Governor at his "quarters" in Tahiti. It was a real anachronistic step back into time, even then. Ladies in White Gowns, servants passing food and drink on silver trays - and we ragamuffins in our "sunday best" sandals and shorts - but we did wear a tie! A real snapshot of colonialism in the (then) 20th Century. Can't even begin to imagine what it would be like now.

Celebrate Liberty!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson; the reluctant Minister/Ambasador to France during the French Revolution.

Cheers - Jim:friends:

Effen' A man.......:bump::push:

Wow, that must have been quiet an experience.
I bet things haven't changed much by now, French Polynesia is so remote and far from homeland, it has developed its own subculture.
I can (sort of)relate, my parents have lived in the french west indies for almost 20 years.