New forum section

Do you want a forum section for old timers?

• Total voters

DJ Dep

refugee from the other place
I would like to respectfully request a new forum section. For those that remember back to the "good old days" of Corvette Forum, I am one of the people that was instrumental in the creation of the tech section of CF. Yeah, I screamed the loudest for it. :yahoo:
Now I would like to see a forum section for VetteMod that would be ONLY available to the original members of CF that came here to escape the madness. I would also like to see this section have VERY LIMITED moderation. My reasons for this request are quite simple:

#1 To bring back those thrilling days of yesteryear when we could hold discussions without being all touchy-feely. I understand that the rest of VetteMod has advertisers and must show a "responsible face" to them in order for the $$$ to continue to flow in. But the area I want to see is one where the old crew can talk about pretty much anything or ANYONE without having the thread locked down or the discussion squashed.

#2 I would like to try and bring back those members who have left for various reasons or simply can't abide by what VetteMod has turned into. Yes, there are many who are VERY upset that their favorite place has become what it is now....simply a Corvette Forum annex. If you look at the posts (and people posting) in VetteMod today you will see that they differ very little from what is going on at Corvette Forum. I don't think that was the original intent of this forum.

#3 Prevent any future bannings or departures by current members. Relating to #2 above, many CF members that came here are pretty outspoken. They say what they mean and mean what they say. Or if you prefer bumper stickers..."We don't play well with others". Sometime we don't play well with each other, but we manage to get past that. The problem is if we post sarcasm, our honest opinions, or simply tell it like it is, we risk banning for doing so. And NOT beaing able to make honest posts has caused a lot of old timers to leave or simply not post. Not a good thing.

Anyway, here is the poll. A simple yes or no to my idea is all that is needed.

The old curmudgeon...Dep

Last edited:
Hmmm, let's see. VetteMod already moves kind of slow as it is. So let's clutter it up further with even more sections. I think I'll pass.

Hmmm, let's see. VetteMod already moves kind of slow as it is. So let's clutter it up further with even more sections. I think I'll pass.

Moves kinda slow? Are you talking about accessing web pages? Perhaps you need to leave dialup and get something that accesses the internet faster. I have DSL and VetteMod runs VERY FAST. Gotta leave the stoneage sometime. ;)

Moves kinda slow? Are you talking about accessing web pages? Perhaps you need to leave dialup and get something that accesses the internet faster. I have DSL and VetteMod runs VERY FAST. Gotta leave the stoneage sometime. ;)

My guess is he is not talking of web/down loading, but the posting, we just not THAT large a forum here.....here is where the tech talk is the best though, where the engineers are, I go elsewhere, such as CF, TVB, and so forth...and the tech is either just stupid, almost like our super hero, DB, or non existent ......:shocking:

At least HERE, we get into interesting projects, new approaches, and don't bother with the same old shit questions like how to wire up cooling fans, I SO sick of that topic, I could kill......:shocking::mad::bomb:

Yeah why not, this might work.

Having a forum section where all documented projects (lots of descriptive pics and all) would be catalogued and all in the same place was too much work.... but to isolate a few who want to remember the "good old CF days" should be ok...

Why not? (sarcasm)

I dont know what hapenned at CF, I know a few things and understand that it became frustrating enough that Vettemod was born.
Got to get over it.

I agree with Gene "At least HERE, we get into interesting projects, new approaches, and don't bother with the same old shit

This is going to become an expensive private message board for a few.
In other words, for what it's worth, I dont think it's going to help Vettemod grow into a better place in the Corvette internet sites world.

Last edited:
"I understand that the rest of VetteMod has advertisers and must show a "responsible face" to them in order for the $$$ to continue to flow in." So where the hell do you see advertisers here? I think you're starting to lose it Dep. Do you have any prescriptions that need to be filled? :bonkers:

Man, Vettemod is where I get the answers!

I long ago gave up on the typical Corvette forums where the average post says "dis is my car and dis is my girl, see her tits".

Screw that mindlessness. Vettemod suits me fine as it is and CF doesn't. I'll be staying here as long as I'm welcome.

I would like to respectfully request a new forum section. For those that remember back to the "good old days" of Corvette Forum, I am one of the people that was instrumental in the creation of the tech section of CF. Yeah, I screamed the loudest for it. :yahoo:
Now I would like to see a forum section for VetteMod that would be ONLY available to the original members of CF that came here to escape the madness. I would also like to see this section have VERY LIMITED moderation. My reasons for this request are quite simple:

#1 To bring back those thrilling days of yesteryear when we could hold discussions without being all touchy-feely. I understand that the rest of VetteMod has advertisers and must show a "responsible face" to them in order for the $$$ to continue to flow in. But the area I want to see is one where the old crew can talk about pretty much anything or ANYONE without having the thread locked down or the discussion squashed.

#2 I would like to try and bring back those members who have left for various reasons or simply can't abide by what VetteMod has turned into. Yes, there are many who are VERY upset that their favorite place has become what it is now....simply a Corvette Forum annex. If you look at the posts (and people posting) in VetteMod today you will see that they differ very little from what is going on at Corvette Forum. I don't think that was the original intent of this forum.

#3 Prevent any future bannings or departures by current members. Relating to #2 above, many CF members that came here are pretty outspoken. They say what they mean and mean what they say. Or if you prefer bumper stickers..."We don't play well with others". Sometime we don't play well with each other, but we manage to get past that. The problem is if we post sarcasm, our honest opinions, or simply tell it like it is, we risk banning for doing so. And NOT beaing able to make honest posts has caused a lot of old timers to leave or simply not post. Not a good thing.

The old curmudgeon...Dep

You're wipping a dead horse here.
The private owner here sets the rules, and he does not like controversy.
His ball, we have to play his game, or leave.
But I agree, the mass migration away from here sucks. I used to check in here every day. Now, maybe once a week, and very rarely post.

The old curmudgeon...Dep

You're wipping a dead horse here.
The private owner here sets the rules, and he does not like controversy.
His ball, we have to play his game, or leave.
But I agree, the mass migration away from here sucks. I used to check in here every day. Now, maybe once a week, and very rarely post.

I think you are right. I have been in contact via e-mail and PM with a few of the old timers that used to post here. It's a lost cause. They aren't coming back and I don't blame them. This place disintegrated just like CF and DC. Oh well. Mods may feel free to delete this thread.

Although I am afraid I may have contributed to the mess, I dunno for sure, and to that extent, I am sorry.....

BUT, I am a libertarian/conservative, because I KNOW Wash DC from inside for WAY too long, and I will fight for what is correct and honest....

sorry guys, That's The Way It Goes.....TTWIG....

:goodevil::surrender::rain:

It's not you Gene. But I just want to understand something for my own info. Those who are old timers and voted no...you guys are okay with threads like this one?:
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8844

Is this what you think a C3 should look like?:

bigwing2.jpg

If so, then I DEFINITELY need to find a new place to post.:skeptic:

Dep

If THIS is what the owner want's his car to look like... who the hell are we to tell him otherwise?

It's his taste, his money, his car.

If you dont like the way he builds his car, buy it, take it apart and rebuild it the way you want.
Prety simple!

It's not you Gene. But I just want to understand something for my own info. Those who are old timers and voted no...you guys are okay with threads like this one?:
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8844

Is this what you think a C3 should look like?:

bigwing2.jpg

If so, then I DEFINITELY need to find a new place to post.:skeptic:

Dep
For a street car, no. But for a track car, I think it looks pretty damn good. But x2 on what Michel said.

And personally, I haven't seen much on this forum to indicate it's heavily moderated. Maybe I just mind my own business and don't stir the pot, but for the most part, seems you can talk about pretty much anything here. <shrug>

For a street car, no. But for a track car, I think it looks pretty damn good. But x2 on what Michel said.

And personally, I haven't seen much on this forum to indicate it's heavily moderated. Maybe I just mind my own business and don't stir the pot, but for the most part, seems you can talk about pretty much anything here. <shrug>

It may look good (to ricer lovers), but that wing thingie is a bad joke. I mean I'm sure it does real well at keeping the rear end down in the Walmart parking lot and it probably comes in handy for somewhere to put your soft drinks at Sonic. But on the street it's strictly bling. As to the touchy-feely comment about "it's his money and his car", well, I seem to remember a guy that liked dual alternators that tried that same logic. It didn't fly then and it doesn't fly now.

I guess you don't pay much attention to those who registered in 2008. Perhaps you got along fine with everyone at Corvette Forum, too. But this forum was NOTHING until the guys who were banned or hasseled at CF came over here. And those guys, for the most part, are GONE. TT is an outstanding moderator. But he's not the problem. I don't know why this new influx of what appears to be CF kiddies came from, but it certainly has torn down this forum. That's WHY I requested a seperate place for old times to post at. Obviously that isn't gonna happen. No sweat. I can exit just like the rest of the regulars have.

Dep,

My advise to you is forget about the internet and get out and work on that car or buy one that's ready to drive.

On our death beds i doubt any of us will be saying "I shoulda spent more time BSing on the internet forums"

I just got banned for the 3rd time at CF by that pervert with picts of a little girl wearing lipstick in his avatar. This was aided, thanks to 2 "buddies" from here ratting me out.

That's OK. What the hell is 2 more holes in my back.

Last edited:
Dep,

My advise to you is forget about the internet and get out and work on that car or buy one that's ready to drive.

On our death beds i doubt any of us will be saying "I shoulda spent more time BSing on the internet forums"

LOL...good advice.;) My new garage is under construction. They levelled the land and put a base down on it. Next week the concrete will be poured. 20X22 feet. 2 feet wider than I had in Illinois. Can hardly wait for it to get done.

Hey Turtle...

#1 Do you think one of those 2-wheel dollies can be used to tow the Vette? No motor or trans so the front end is up to maximum height.

#2 Do you post at DC?

#3 Why aren't you banned here? :smash:

Dep,

LOL...good advice.;) My new garage is under construction. They levelled the land and put a base down on it. Next week the concrete will be poured. 20X22 feet. 2 feet wider than I had in Illinois. Can hardly wait for it to get done.

Hey Turtle...

#1 Do you think one of those 2-wheel dollies can be used to tow the Vette? No motor or trans so the front end is up to maximum height.

#2 Do you post at DC?

#3 Why aren't you banned here? :smash:

Building a garage. Cool. I was concerned all you were doing is playing on the net.

1. Getting it on the dolly is the hardest part, but yea.

2. Banned at DC

3. Who says i wasn't? Got unbanned.