"to do" list for fall/winter 2008

MYBAD79

I'll have to pull the trailing arms and replace the spindles and install new wheel bearings, install JohnnyJoints and add a few welds to the stitches that the factory welded on these trailing arms.

I also want to upgrade the existing callippers to O-ring calippers.

Rack and pinion conversion with homemade support cradle for the rack (similar to the Flaming River cradle)

Upper strut rods for the rear suspension (partly done, need to add brackets to the trailing arms and drop the crossmember to weld to it)....

Spreader bar for the front suspension

OK... I should be back on the road by spring 2012 right ????:cry::bonkers::eek:h:

Not wasting any time getting the winter "to-do" list, are we?

This year my plan is to gut the interior, new carpet, and whatever else I find gets fixed. Also going to cut the crossmember and make it a bolt-in, repairing the Bubba fix done in '72. Convertible top also is on the list. after all that, my plan is to either swap the LS-7 for a 540 BB or just put some good AFR heads and a roller cam on the 454.

Hey Pops, Ha Ha Ha
I can get that long block 454 for $600.00 for you , if you want it?? Its already on a shipping pallete. thumbs up or down, your call it.

My plan is to do the interior..door skins, carpet, seat covers, rear compartment, belts, etc.

But damn man, it isn't even summer yet...I don't even want to think about winter!

Summer started a few weeks ago here in FL....it's hot.... "winter" is after September when the temperature drops below 85F :smash::smash::smash:

I'm already rounding up parts for the winter repairs.
To do list
finish repainting the frame from the trans crossmember back
rebuild the rear end
repaint the car

That should keep me busy for 5 months :suicide:

Summer started a few weeks ago here in FL....it's hot.... "winter" is after September when the temperature drops below 85F :smash::smash::smash:
It was a 114*F here yesterday!! Karsten, have you factored in all the extra work you'll be doing when you get bit by the while-I'm-at-it virus?