isolation coat ?

Belgian1979vette

Ok here goes my problem. I have been always set on using Spies Heckers percotex 0450 primer as the first couple of coats, since it was a expoxy based primer that had some elastic properties and could isolate the remains of the old factory paint.

Unfortunatly today i discovered that they don't make/sell this product anymore because of environmental reasons...:pprrtt:

This puts me in a difficult position since most other (industrial) epoxies are pretty hard and create possible cracking problems later on.

Any ideas on what can be used as an alternative and could isolate the factory primer/paint .

Thanks

Ok here goes my problem. I have been always set on using Spies Heckers percotex 0450 primer as the first couple of coats, since it was a expoxy based primer that had some elastic properties and could isolate the remains of the old factory paint.

Unfortunatly today i discovered that they don't make/sell this product anymore because of environmental reasons...:pprrtt:

This puts me in a difficult position since most other (industrial) epoxies are pretty hard and create possible cracking problems later on.

Any ideas on what can be used as an alternative and could isolate the factory primer/paint .

Thanks

A friend of mine runs Spies-Hecker's training center here in Atlanta...I will call him and ask for his recomendation.

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten; he's apparently out of town, but I'll post as soon as I get in touch with him. Will try again tomorrow!