C3 window switch failing?

enkeivette

What is the usual cause of these window switches failing? The switch itself or the harness?

Over the decades I have seen the plugs corrode and get hot/burn up on the switch terminals, taking the switch with it.....now I also have seen the switches themselves fail.....but if you are careful, you can take the switches apart and clean/polish the contacts, and be fine.....do same with the pegs obviously....and work around/scrub the plug on the switch.....

NOW, years ago, there was a olde tyme TV tuner cleaner, for the contacts on the old mechanical tuners, it was called BLUE STUFF, I still have a can from 35 years ago or so, and use it sparingly.....it's a true miracle worker as my '72 vette and my 70 goat never had any window switch problems after being reworked with that shit.....

been a while.....:gurney:

It was grounding out on the driveshaft tunnel. Surprised this hasnt happened to anyone else. Just glued some polyester under it.

If you want to improve the electrics, use relays 2 on each door. The loss through those switches is quite a bit. Windows fly up and down when using relays and a large 12V feed to them.

If you want to improve the electrics, use relays 2 on each door. The loss through those switches is quite a bit. Windows fly up and down when using relays and a large 12V feed to them.

HUMMMM>>>>>:flash::yahoo: