Go Back   VetteMOD.com > Off Topic (No PR&C) > Off Topic

Old 09-24-2017, 12:29 PM
United States | Fast Pedalphile

My Photos: (1)
Default Been away...

Not in jail though it was a sort of self imposed exile.
I went through a rough patch in my life. It took a few years but I persevered and prevailed.
During this time the poor Corvette has sat in the garage, patiently waiting for her resurrection. We pulled the motor again and found yet another sub standard rebuild contributed to all of the smoke issues We were having. The block was too far gone so it was tossed. We have started with another seasoned block and some minor upgrades from the last build,mainly a roller cam and rockers with similar specs to the old cam. The motor is finished and ready for the dyno but everyone, including me, is involved in home purchasing/financing. My Son bought his first home a few weeks ago and is gutting and rehabing it before he moves in. Our close friend who is the builder of our new motor just bought a new home too and is in the moving/improving stages and I just got done refinancing my home. A few weeks ago my Son and I worked on replacing the vacuum hoses and motors for the headlights in the 'Vet and hope to see the motor installed by the spring.
It's been a while but I hope to be posting and participating regularly soon.

Resident Deviate