'Love Is Blue' for SALE!!!

Mr.Blue

FS196-.jpg
Most all of you here already know this car and it's long history.
After owning my 1966 Vette "Love Is Blue" for 43 years, my declining health (I'm going on 64 and have had 2 open heart surgeries & 3 back surgeries) is forcing me to consider selling it to a good new home finally. I can no longer maintain this vehicle anymore as it should be kept. I have been doing all the work on this car all these years, for the most part, including body and paint and construction upgrades. Motor & rear end built by BNO Performance, a professional shop, and maintained by them since 2001. Best big name parts are in and on it. Carillo steel rods, Keith Black pistons, Brodix-2 aluminum heads, Competition Cams solid roller cam and roller lifters, Crane 'gold' roller rockers and stud girdle. polished B&M 6:71 Mega blower, topped with new Barry Grant 750 cfm Mighty Demon blower carbs & NX port nitrous rail system (never used) with jets from 100 to 500 extra HP. Tranny built by JW Performance Trans, (Johnny Winters) also professional, in Cocoa, Fl. and is fully built to 1,000 HP guaranteed. Reverse valve body, manual shift. 2,800 built converter. Ford 9" Rear with Strange center 3:50 gear and 31 splined axles.
The entire history of the Vette with over 750 photos from day one can be seen @ cardomain.com/ride/591305
Asking $96,845.00 and includes every spare & support items I have that can go with the car, including a duel wheel, low body, open trailer with 5 brand new tires and matching chrome wheels (but they have surface rust on them in some areas from sitting outside).
All notebooks, and some historical magazines etc from past issues will also go with this world famous, one of a kind show & go stopper. I guarantee all mechanical systems to be problem free. (Motor, Blower, Carbs, Electronics, built Turbo 400 Trans. Great tread on tires and perfect rims, etc).
If you find any problem you don't like before the sale, I'll work with you to fix it to your satisfaction at the asking price. Other arrangement such as adjusting the price could be made if that would make you happier.
Delivery within the U.S. possible by me or freight company. (depending on distance) Delivery to U.S. port-of-choice for overseas buyers.
Contact me @ [email protected] or call: (386) 427-4057 and let's find "Love" a good new home together. Glenn

good luck with the sale....mostly good luck with your health.......

i know it will be hard to part with the car....i'm in the same boat with my car....

you should try to contact some of the big name car collectors like jay leno/etc.... they could prolly help you out

b

Sorry to hear about your health there man, having to sell my vette would be hurtful also...I am your age.....

best of luck to you and yours....I just up the road a piece in Jax/Orange Park...

:friends:

Sold! (I think)

I had a very wealthy man contact me last month who has said he WILL buy LOVE IS BLUE!

He has already since purchased a Newell Motor Coach to tow it with, and just placed an order with a company that I told him about here in Edgewater, where I live for a new custom built enclosed trailer . He is having them build one just for her this month so he can just pick it up when he drives down with the motor coach from the mid west. While no money has exchanged hands between us and he has NOT even come down to look at her yet, he has seen my cardomain site and other sites and knows all about Love Is Blue and wants her. He is in love with her as much as I am, it seems, and if I have to let her go, it seems I am doing so to someone who has the money to keep her happy and make her even better than she has ever been under my 'money short' life.

It's what I was hopeing for in a new owner when I put her up for sale. How can I NOT be happy for that. (Then why am I still crying?:suicide:)
He understands how hard this is for me after owning her for over 40 years and agreed to leave her with me for a bit longer so I could fullfill some of the events I had wanted to do with her before the end of this year, including my BD later this month. I have arranged a chance to get some really exclusive shots next month of LOVE on site with the space shuttle thanks to a fellow Vette owner who works there & will arrange to get her onto the complex just before the launch. There is Vette Fest III @ Old Town in Kissimmie, FL, on October 4th, and of course the Ultimate Corvette Party in Tampa mid November that I had told Jim Kill I would show LOVE again at this year. That will probably be the last show that I will have her in unless we agree on exchaning her at the Turkey Run at Daytona Speedway, Thanksgiving weekend.

He is in his mid 50's and has a 19 year old son he wants to share the Vette with. I have advised him :quote:it's a bit more car:quote: than I would feel safe turning over to a 19 year old. I remember what I did with LOVE when I first bouth it at age 20 (totaled it within 2 months!!) so he is rethinking that part of the equation.

Thanks to all who have expressed support during this difficult time for me. This forum is a group of great 'family' and I will miss being a Vette owner part of it once the sale is complete!:drink: Glenn 'Mr. Blue' Smith

PS. Keep an eye out for next months Vette Vues Magazine. I have been advised they plan on running some photos of LOVE in an upcoming issue soon.

Last edited:
Sorry you had to let it go, that car IS you and it always will be, even if someone else owns it.

Thats going to be tough, giving it up after 40 years. Sounds like the new owner will give it a good home.

That's my hope and the ONLY bright thing in this whole deal!

Hi Glenn - sorry to see you are having to let her go and to hear of your health issues. Good luck on finalizing the sale.

Maybe you can look into something requiring a little less maintenance (hopefully another Vette) :wink:

Another Vette

I love Vettes! I've had at least one Vette ever since I was 20 years old, 44 years now, but my wife has a two seater Crossfire, and we really need a car with a bit more passenger room.
I'm seriously thinking of getting a new Dodge Challenger.
They are sleek looking and will turn heads, comfortable to drive, good gas mileage with the variable cylinder deal and will not be a slug at the traffic light.
Nothing firm yet, just day dreaming.
If I could afford one, I'd love to have a ZR-1, but that's really dreaming! Glenn

Glen, The new Camaro comes out this year, and is available with an LS-3.

I would get the challenger, the production camaro doesn't look anything like the proto, they took out a bunch of nice things and replaced them with cheezy plastic crap, the headlamps for example. The challenger, now that is a true modern muscle car.

SCHWIIIINGGG!!!!

248d15f15767fb.jpg

248d15f2d87aae.jpg

248d15f48b8960.jpg

I agree! And those photos look just like the one I was looking at in our Chrysler showroom last month....sweeeet, indeed! Don't think I'll go with the HEMI though, but I haven't made up my mind on anything yet,. Got to get the cash in my hands from the Vette sale FIRST!! I'll pay off the major bills so mamma can retire and see what's left.
Glenn