'72 coupe project

jabrun

front view (Small).jpgHi, I wanted to show the project I've been working on for about a year. Warning NCRS types won't like it. Started out with a really rough car which needed paint and interior and had a 305 and 2004R tranny transplanted into it. I pulled out the 305 and bought a freshened up ZZ4 crate motor. Did some front suspension work, rewiring, FIA headlights and AIR wiper cover then started getting it ready for paint. Finished the paint job right before Winter then this Spring I installed the stereo and carpet. There is still more to do but it's getting there.

rear view (Small).jpg

three quarter front (Small).jpg

interior (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard -- We don need no stinkin' NCRS! Not Correctly done Here!
Nice work too. But, you gotta tell the story about the "cartoon"door-skins.

Cheers - Jim

Welcome to the motley crew....

my '72 project started 16 years ago....

never done, though....:nuts:

Welcome aboard -- We don need no stinkin' NCRS! Not Correctly done Here!
Nice work too. But, you gotta tell the story about the "cartoon"door-skins.

Cheers - Jim

I've been trying to keep the car within a reasonable budget and the door panels were in terrible shape. Really full of cracks and I have seen a few rat rods done that way so I decided to try it. Bought a bottle of Mod Podge and got out some Heavy Metal comic books that I had. They are full of really cool art, kind of Sci-fi fantasy type stories. I figure with beat up door panels I had nothing to lose, also I've heard that some of the reproduction panels don't hold up very well anyway.

Velcome jabrun. :)

A realy nice looking 72 you have there.

Please spam us with pictures. :)

//Ricky.

Last edited: