75 vette vert in florida from ohio

melssen

I all. I am joining this forum because I need help. I have failed resto projects before, mostly becasue my attention span is far to short. So I made the wise decision to by a mostly restored 1975 convertible. I am loving it and hating the prices of OEM parts (and often the shortfalls of them being 70s technology)! So I am trying to perform low profile mods all the while keeping it as original as possible, making it possible to go back to original if desired. I have noticed already there are plenty of experts (and not so experts). I am excited to be a part of this forum and will help all I can with others.

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

I have a '72 as posted in your wheels thread, and so have modded hell outta this car over 15 years, it was a old show car from Maryland and so by now, NOTHING is stock, and I mean quite literally...maybe the upper/lower naked control arms, that's about it....

:bump::rofl::smash::eek:

not really sure what the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen is, but glad to be a part! (I will google it as son as I post!)
I have no problems with modifications, but it can affect value. I figure if I have the original motor and trans, then I will try to make it able to be changed to stock, if that is what the buyer wants. (If I have too, never know)
I just want a fun car!

Last edited:
Methinks this site been on the air almost 3 years now, one of the founders and head web person (I think) is TT..Twin Turbo, Marck in the Netherlands...Dutch is close enough...

so it's kind of a long standing joke about the Flying Dutchmen, as Marck has a twin brother Xander, who is seldom scene....

so as the site grew, I try to welcome all the newbies as motley crew on the good Ship Flying Dutchmen.... I used to do a goodly amount of sailing as having lived in Maryland for 53 years, what with Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay close enough, must be a billion sailboats around the joint, in the blood, and so it carried over....simple as that....

in case you didn't know, sailors have that old sea story of the ghost ship, the Flying DutchmAn that shows up in foul weather, typically on the horizon....it's supposed to be the resurrection of a famous Dutch pirate from long ago....I forget much more than that, though...

:devil::quote:

Hi and welcome to VetteMOD :hi:

I've done a couple of mods to mine but I don't think it would be particularly easy to return it to stock :clap:

Got some pics of your car?