stock heads - new valve seals

MYBAD79

Finally getting around to these, got these heads like 12 years ago from Bob (Bobs77Vet).... he told me they're perfectly fine but the valve seals are bad... well, there was not much of the valve seals left... LOL... the small O-rings were dry rotted and crumbled, the umbrella seals crumbled as soon as I tried to pry them upwards... :huh: ... no wonder it was burning oil :lol::lol:

So I cleaned these up, pulled out the pressed in studs, installed the screw in version.... new seals will be installed later today when Amazon delivers....

Thanks Bob, I think these will work great on my stock 350 rebuild

215eff4a75a48dd.jpg

215eff4a6485ad1.jpg

Did you tap them manually, or set them up on a mill?

Looks like this new car will delay the convertible build.

Did you tap them manually, or set them up on a mill?

Looks like this new car will delay the convertible build.

I got this stud removal tool that is alsi an alignment tool to get the threads strarted srtaight. No need to drill, the press in holes just a hair over 27/64", perfect for the 7/16 tap...
the vert should be done soon, have to paint the doorjams... sanding in there sux

Clever, I never knew that. Great solution.

Clever, I never knew that. Great solution.

the tool is $15, the Pioneer studs are $15 (Summit) and I bought the tap for $12 on Amazon.... cheap good upgrade for stock heads, heard these pull out often if you install a cam ... so this is a L48 bottom with flat tops and the supposed to be better 882 casting heads, Edelbrock Performer cam... should run ok... just a little better than the stock 200 hp ????

it was probably closer to 15 yrs ago....i think i was in NJ when i shipped them to you, and i have been in Va for the last 13 yrs.

good job on using them its better late then never!!!

it was probably closer to 15 yrs ago....i think i was in NJ when i shipped them to you, and i have been in Va for the last 13 yrs.

good job on using them its better late then never!!!

time flies... are we that much older now ?......crap

it will be fun to build those, I think they came off of a 4 bolt main that had the high Iron content, i cant for the life of me remember where i got it from.

it will be fun to build those, I think they came off of a 4 bolt main that had the high Iron content, i cant for the life of me remember where i got it from.

I think they came off your engine in the Vette.... you said they are perfectly fine but seals are bad so you burnt a lot of oil.... well, there were no seals left LOL LOL

yes i am remembering more....my vette came with a stock engine that had a cracked block. when I put in the new motor I scrapped the block and kept those heads.