where are the water drains on a 1990

JeffP1167

I have heard they exist but have never seen them on my car. This supposedly has to do with the firewall ... Or did chevy do away with them in 1990?

There's a couple of them in the floor boards and storage boxes. Black plastic plugs. What does it have to do with the firewall?

There's a couple of them in the floor boards and storage boxes. Black plastic plugs. What does it have to do with the firewall?

A few people have told me there are like 4 of them that allow water to drain from the firewall that enters that screen in front of the windshield. They are supposed to have a fitting with a hose attached but I don't see anything like this on my car anywhere.

I think you misunderstood. convertibles have drains in the rear up near the doors, coupes don't have this and water collects in the corners to spray you when you close the hatch. There are kits available which are brass screw in plugs with hose barbs and pieces of hose that'll drain the water to the wheel wells

I think you misunderstood. convertibles have drains in the rear up near the doors, coupes don't have this and water collects in the corners to spray you when you close the hatch. There are kits available which are brass screw in plugs with hose barbs and pieces of hose that'll drain the water to the wheel wells

no I have seen one in my 90. when I took the passenger door off. seems like it drains down where the door electrical harness enters the car but dont see where it really exits.

I will try and post a picture of it tomorrow .... I'm just wondering if there are more.

Look behind the battery. There should be a hose of sort about 7 to 8 inches long. Is there not a drain in each of the hood latches? I could be mistaken, but they may also have been added aftermarket.

Well, I found 3 of them ... One behind the battery, one by the wiper motor, one that comes from somewhere in the dash and exits where the power door wiring on the passenger side goes out of the car .... Are there more of these? Mine were plugged up pretty bad.