Welding cautions?

I would have to think that I'd be passed out after cracking cold ones for 8 hours. The 30 minute rule as well as being cautious about keeping cardboard, paper, and other flammable materials away from your work area has worked well so far.

I wonder what BBQ'd pancake (in a demi-glaze of beer) smells like :pprrtt: :D

Like bacon.

:lol:

What? I'm serious!

And I'm seriously laughing because most folks smell like chicken

I wonder what BBQ'd pancake (in a demi-glaze of beer) smells like :pprrtt: :D

Like bacon.

:lol:

What? I'm serious!

I had a hot spal drop on my left calf while repairing the upper door hinge on a jeep Cherokee I used to have and it actually smelled more like beef. It was one of those ones that you never even feel.. left a nasty scar that has since pretty much home away.

I had a hot spal drop on my left calf while repairing the upper door hinge on a jeep Cherokee I used to have and it actually smelled more like beef. It was one of those ones that you never even feel.. left a nasty scar that has since pretty much home away.

I used to (for 20 years) build and install commercial ventilation hoods (restaurant mostly) - and I had shirts that looked like I'd been caught in a rainstorm of fire from welding above my head. Fortunately, I didn't get burned to the point of scars often. That said, I've grabbed hot metal (is why I still hate aluminum) and smelled the nice smell of burning flesh as my fingers fry - shiver -

My favorite bits - you smell your clothes catching on fire, but because you've spent so much time trying to get into position you have to calculate when the fire will become problematic vs. when you'll be done with the bead you're running. Some people think sheet metal work doesn't require high-level math - but when you have to account for wind speed, humidity, flammability of materials, flame spread, ignition sources and pain threshholds; the figures do get a bit complicated

As well as the ability to sketch projects out in chalk on a garage floor, then weld up to plans....that's what my welder did when we made BDSM equipment....funny as hell, but he had his methods.....he too does major buildings and ships, and is in the Boilermakers local, steamfitter....hospitals, banks, big buildings, power plants, paper mills, you name it, one step from Nuclear certs....

I have no pain feelings left to my arms/hands....I did notice a steering wheel a few minits ago, probably about 180f setting in the sun....but have leaned against hot headers several time and smell it first, white skin where it won't tan anymore....hit my watchband on the alt stud once.....fried my left wrist/arm....getting old is a bitch, but WTF it's still sunny out....

:crutches::goodnight:

with my fingers, I smell them before I feel them; with cuts, I see blood on whatever I'm working on and look for the leak.

there are advantages, though, I can really gross out my wife with stuff I did. It is where I can honestly say "just a flesh wound, didn't feel a thing" :)

Worked with a old timer mech. He said he was once using brake cleaner to clean a running motor. They found him out cold. Phosgene gas almost killed him and you probably know, Phosgene was used as a chemical weapon.